Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 05:00 AM
    Ideal Role / Future Career Aspirations
    Ideal Role / Future Career Aspirations is one of the questions on the Candidate Registration form I have been given to fill out for tomorrow. I have no clue what to write at all.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 05:21 AM
    Hi, DJ,
    Here is a link of 108 future career goals questions:
    http://www.hr-guide.com/data/G336.htm
    "Future Career Aspirations" means the same thing as your goals for the future.
    Since I don't know what kind of job you are applying for, or what kind of company this is, it's hard to answer your question.
    Some things to think about writing for goals are:
    Be the boss of the company some day.
    Move up fast in the company, taking courses if possible, to further your knowledge of your particular job area, or a job "above" this one. Increasing knowledge in your particular area is what many employers are looking for, to keep up with current trends, changes, etc, in your job... new ideas.

For example, if I were applying for a job as a Shoe Salesman, in a very large department store, my goals might be to move up to a larger department with the store, then eventually be a manager of the store; maybe even a Vice-President. Taking college night classes, or some other type of courses would benefit me greatly in moving up.
    As far as the "Ideal Role" part, what position with this company would you really like to strive for?
    I do wish you the best.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 05:26 AM
    I am applying for a Credit Control position (which is only temporary) and I guess I would like to be in a supervisors position - have staff to look after and delegate things to. I want to move up the ranks not stay put. I want mu abilities to be regonised and I want to be used to my full potential and appreciated, not taken for granted.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2006, 05:46 AM
    Holly, Just a little advice. I would not say anything negative in your answers. For example the last part, AND APPRECIATED. NOT TAKEN FOR GRANTED. Get rid of that part. That will only give them a bad impression. Whenever you go for an interview or answer questions do not add anything that could be seen negative. Even though you felt that way in the job you currently have you do not want to show that in your interview. Everything else seemed good.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 06:00 AM
    HI,
    Tried to give JesusHelper an excellent comment, but got a pop-up!
    I fully agree with not saying anything negative!! Your employer wants positive people, so only say positive things.
    The Credit Control Position sounds good. But, when you say only temporary, I assume you mean you don't want to stay there forever.
    So, your goal would be to be a supervisor, even a manager later on. You work hard for your goals, learning more every day, asking questions, and remembering any mistakes, so as to not to make them again.
    Remember one important thing when you get to the actual face-to-face interview; keep SMILING.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Holly, Just a little advice. I would not say anything negative in your answers. For example the last part, AND APPRECIATED. NOT TAKEN FOR GRANTED. Get rid of that part. That will only give them a bad impression. Whenever you go for an interview or answer questions do not add anything that could be seen negative. Even though you felt that way in the job you currently have you do not want to show that in your interview. Everything else seemed good.
    That's fab advice, joe you have done it again. Its been so long since I had to do this that I am out of practise.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    HI,
    Tried to give JesusHelper an excellent comment, but got a pop-up!
    I fully agree with not saying anything negative!!!! Your employer wants positive people, so only say positive things.
    The Credit Control Position sounds good. But, when you say only temporary, I assume you mean you don't want to stay there forever.
    So, your goal would be to be a supervisor, even a manager later on. You work hard for your goals, learning more every day, asking questions, and remembering any mistakes, so as to not to make them again.
    Remember one important thing when you get to the actual face-to-face interview; keep SMILING.
    I am a huge smiler anyway. Even when I am down I still somehow mangae to smile - no probs there!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real vs ideal culture [ 4 Answers ]

Real culture vs ideal culture? Thanks

Role of Women [ 61 Answers ]

Do you believe God really intended for women to carry attaché cases and drive BMWs to work? Are they fulfilling the mission God designed them for by doing this?

Ideal Tap Splices for Phone Wire [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Group! Would anyone tell me how to use the name band Ideal Tap Splice #85-900? How do these differ from the butt splices? Any Help appreciated. I don't know squat about running phone lines.:o

Role playing game fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently come across a game call chrono trigger for the snes on my PC, and its so good that I can't believe that I have not come across it before. Can anyone name me good roms for the snes and sega so I don't miss out on them. I've got the final fantasy games , all zeldas, secret of mana ,...

Social Work-Child Residence Programs-Role of Fathe [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is an MSW and is the Residence Manager at a home for troubled children. The programs she manages within the residential setting are: Residential Treatment, Family Therapy, Parent Group, Continuing Service (after the child leaves the residence), School Advocacy and Psychiatric...

View more questions Search