Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Garlic vs fleas
    Has anyone tried using Garlic in their dogs diet to combat fleas?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Garlic is on the list of toxins to dogs but I have heard others say it is good for dogs.
    But it is suppose to be safe if it is cooked but then that depletes the purpose somewhat.

From time to time on ThriftyFun, Is Garlic Good or Bad for Dogs? the community debates whether garlic is beneficial or harmful to dogs and cats. With the pet food recalls, an increased interest has been created with homemade pet foods and pet health.

A quick survey of the internet shows many sites that talk about onions and garlic and being poisonous, even deadly to cats and dogs. On the same page, you will see ads for "Natural Garlic Supplements For Dogs" and sites that recommend garlics for flea prevention and general well-being. It is hard to know what to think.

Here is a pet health site from the American Animal Hospital Association that discusses poisons.

* HealthyPet.com - Prevent Poisonings
    Welcome to Healthypet.com!

Toward the bottom of that page, there is a specific list of poisonous materials. It lists garlic and onions as poisonous, even deadly, but only in a raw or spoiled form. So does that mean that cooked garlic is OK? What about garlic supplements that people are selling for pets?

We'd like to know what you think! What have been your experiences with garlic? What has your vet told you? Has anyone lost a pet due to garlic poisoning?

Please post your feedback below.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pizza Hut Garlic Bread Recipe [ 39 Answers ]

Ok, so does anyone know how Pizza Hut make their Garlic Bread so damn tasty? If anyone could give me a step by step recipe I'd be chuffed to garlicy bits! Thanks All! J

Raw garlic [ 1 Answers ]

Does Raw Garlic Consumption Help In Controlling High Blood Pressure And Renal Health

Garlic worked tooo Well [ 2 Answers ]

I have a puppy.. border terrier.. 3 months.. I over did the garlic.. I was so happy it wasn't para.. now she has worms out of every pour and I have no car.. what would you do bedsides order a deep cleaning for your house? I am exhausted.. I need a break just for a few hours.

Will tongue scraping cure major garlic breath [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's onion breath literally wakes me up at night. He brushes and gargles before he goes to bed and about an hour later his mouth goes back to garlic odor hell. I'm four months pregnant and I'm not sleeping much. Will tongue scraping help? Is there anything else that we can try? Oh and it...

View more questions Search