Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsDiva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2003, 05:50 AM
    Domain Name
    If a company has the same name as my domain, can I be forced to shut it down?
    zylstra Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Jan 21, 2003, 02:42 AM
    Domain Name
    Check out the domain name section of http://www.wipo.org . There are many cases that you can read through for a more thorough understanding of domain name law.

Whether you will win or not depends on many things including whether you are using your site to steal the company's business, how well known the company's brand is and if it is trademarked, and who owns the trademark to the domain name. If you are serious about keeping your site you should register your domain name with the USPTO (www.uspto.gov) as a trademark.

Oh, and by the way, check out www.cheap-domainregistration.com for $8.75 domain registration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domain Ownership [ 2 Answers ]

Help, First, thanks for having this site. And I'm glad to have joined Background: Now. I created a website called LGBTNation.org. because I was working at another site that was using all my talents for free, and they were making money. So I started my site. Because I have good network...

Accessing computer on domain [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot access one of my domain member. The error message is " Network Path Was Not Found".

First 100 Domain Names in the world [ 2 Answers ]

1. 15-Mar-1985 SYMBOLICS.COM 2. 24-Apr-1985 BBN.COM 3. 24-May-1985 THINK.COM 4. 11-Jul-1985 MCC.COM 5. 30-Sep-1985 DEC.COM 6. 07-Nov-1985 NORTHROP.COM 7. 09-Jan-1986 XEROX.COM 8. 17-Jan-1986 SRI.COM 9. 03-Mar-1986 HP.COM 10. 05-Mar-1986 BELLCORE.COM

Switched From Domain to Workgroup [ 1 Answers ]

I needed to use a shared printer so I changed from the domain I used to be in to a workgroup. However now that I try to go back to my domain, I can't. The problem is, my primary user profile is the one under that domain. So all my preferences and other settings have been lost and I have to go...

Domain Name Trademark Class [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get a tradmark for a domain name. The website that would use this domain would sell Wireless internet access. I was wondering what Trademark class this type of service would fall into. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search