Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RoCee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Arizona Domestic Partner
    Does anyone know if there are laws in Arizona about domestic partners? My situation is if I split with my domestic partner do I legally owe her anything? Can I be sued for Palimony? Spousal support? Do I have to give her half of everything? Any answers will help.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 12:45 PM
    According to NOLO, in almost all instances, unmarried couples, (with some exceptions in the case of same-sex partnerships in certain states), who decide to break up owe nothing to each other unless there are agreements in place stating otherwise, (property owned 50/50, etc).

Common Law Marriage does not apply in Arizona, however, they do report at least one county in AZ has adopted new rules pertaining to the dissolution of Domestic Partnerships and "Palimony" and other rights to be more in line with a Divorce.

Since these laws are constantly changing, you need to seek the counsel of an Attorney specializing in Family Law in your county to know what to expect upon dissolution.

Reference: NOLO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic Help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I need the contact no. of organisation in kolkata who provides reliable domestic help on part time/full time basis. Location may be kolkata or outside kolkata.. Please help.

Fair Housing in Arizona for ex-convicts? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what can be done to help those who have past criminal records to find housing without being discriminated against. Does Arizona have any laws that protect ex-convicts against discrimination for housing needs? What about the Privacy Act or Fair Housing Act?

Arizona Investment Properties [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone dealt with Beyond Horizons, LLC? They are an Investment Property firm located in Tempe, Arizona. They look pretty good, but I would like to hear from someone who actually purchased property from them. I am inetersted in making land investments beacause that is all you hear about...

Arizona Investment Properties [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone dealt with Beyond Horizons, LLC? They are an Investment Property firm located in Tempe, Arizona. They look pretty good, but I would like to hear from someone who actually purchased property from them. I am interested in making land investments because that is all you hear about...

View more questions Search