Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baincristina Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Son and wife moving out with my stuff
    Got restraing order in court agaist daughter in law living in my house stalking me. 2 days ago we go for permanent hearing wed. POLICE STILL have not gave it to her!! Why did I even go sit in court and get it?? She's still here I live in mother in law suite. Her and my son been taking my stuff. This was on another forum but my lawyer knew it was not landlord law its for domestic violence. How long does it take police to serve her? :mad:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Sometimes the police are in no big hurry to serve a restraining order. I would suggest that you call the police department and ask them what's the problem that it has not been served yet as two days have gone by and you would like to have them served.

Jul 24, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Called them 2 times asked when will you serve they said don't know. Why does a judge sign it take you on emergency fax to police and police don't serve it??
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by baincristina
    called them 2 times asked when will you serve they said dont know. why does a judge sign it take you on emergency fax to police and police dont serve it???
    You might consider contacting your state representative, state senator, attorney general, and governor. Also, perhaps you can write a letter to your local paper and just state the facts.

Jul 26, 2008, 03:59 AM
    Order was served.they harassed us terrible they called police on us to take our leased car.my husband is primary registered to him and insured.she is co owner on lease police says she gets the car registration don't matter she needs it they gave us 24 hours to give it to her. Legal registration and insurance and ford motor credit send bilss to my husband only.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Call the police if you know where they are at, and ask them to come and stop them.

Jul 31, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Went to hearing she is allowed back! As she did not hit me. She told judge she wouldn't. So now its back in of course no rent. But judge told her to move as soon as possible. She is pretty scared I do have landlord lawyer on backup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son moving out with my stuff [ 60 Answers ]

Son moved back home 4 years ago with his wife and kids.told us he would help with bills 1,200 a mo. No money for 1 year now. Wanted to build addition for kids room put up the shell. Now the wife is mad and is moving out with stove they took mine out dishwasher they threw mine out. And they want me...

Need some answers about Moving on, and the whole happy alone stuff. [ 35 Answers ]

Brief history... Been with my girl for 8-9months... She lied to me about going to see her grandpa in another country when in fact she went there to live with another guy... She left christmas day, only wrote me 2 emails since. Nothing about us or anything just some stuff she wants me to do for her....

Moving out roommate's stuff [ 7 Answers ]

Living in Hillsborough County, FL: One of my roommates has recently been kicked out, and she signed her name off the lease agreement. Since then, she has not come back to pack her stuff or even begin to move it out. Am I legally allowed to take her belongings and put them outside the front...

View more questions Search