Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liam22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Changing paypals html code
    Hello,

I have a site where I sell trees as gifts. www.gift-tree-ireland.com

I have a problem where I need to change the shipping options on my paypal checkout area.

Basically I want to be able to capture the phone number of the recipient in the shipping section details. (There is no provision for this )This number is needed for the couriers. And if I had it filled in here, it would be easier for printing the Shipping Address With the phone right there with it.

In the shipping section there are a couple of boxes that I may not use for their intended purpose .FOR instance ---im in ireland and we don't have any "postal codes" SO maybe one of the boxes I'm talking about could be altered in HTML to help me do what I need.

I see there is an option for the purchaser to fill their phone number in----but this is no good as the gift will mostly be going to someone else.

I have the paypal buy button installed on the page for GOLDEN SYCAMORE on my website, and its set for 10 cents.

Golden Sycamore can be found on page 4 of "Tree Selection".

Could anyone please advise me on how to go about this please? I know it would mean visiting my site and all to check things out, but I don't know who to ask and would appreciate the help.

Paypal are really bad to respond .

Thanks
    Very much----------------liam
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 03:22 AM
    Unless Paypal provide some way of changing what information you can collect, there's nothing that can be done. You can't change the HTML of their pages.

I'll take a look on my Paypal site and see if they do provide the functionality.

They should be other things you can do though - let me do some checking...

Apr 6, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Thanks very much-----------liam

Apr 12, 2006, 04:41 AM
    Hi again, did you have any luck in finding a way around my snag?

Thanks-------------liam
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:13 AM
    I had a look but I couldn't see anything on my account that would let me do what you need. You can change the look of the Paypal payment page but I couldn't see anyway of changing the page itself.

I guess you have two choices:
    1. Paypal's payment pages do have a "Additional Information" textarea. You could ask users to type their phone number in there.
    2. Use a different service that does have these features. I believe WorldPay does what you need.

Sorry I can be more helpful than that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inserting html code in golive 5 web page [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a web site that guides browsers to specific products offered on other companies web sites. From my site a visitor would click on an affiliate link to go to a product. Question: How can I insert affiliate html code into my web page for each product without it looking screwy? I am...

HTML code for GIF animator [ 3 Answers ]

I have to insert a GIF animated banner on an sale advertisement. The animation is situated in a server abroad, where my homepage is. What kind of HTML code do I have to write to send for that advertisement. Please write a detailed example. The name of animation is "bansku.gif". It is maybe a GIF89...

Html [ 2 Answers ]

hi, I want to create web pages which should independent of screen resolution, i.e. I develop the page in the screen size 800x600 but when I viewing it in the screen resolution 1024 x 764 then positioning of the page and component on it changes i.e layout changes. How can I prenevt this. Please...

Html [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy I have some files, all of which are .jpg I have FTP them to an AOL web server. Questions: What extension do they now have? If not HTML, how do they get to be HTML which is What I am wanting? And, yes, I am new at this.

View more questions Search