Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackietyree Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Our water is still surges, spitting, what's going on?
    We recently replaced our water pressure tank. Since then we are still noticing occasional surges in our water. Double flushing in our toilet and the water pressure comes and goes. Could there be something else wrong?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Who replace the tank, is it a bladder tank, what are the pump cut -in and cut-out pressures, if a bladder tank was it properly pre-charged?

Jul 24, 2008, 05:00 AM
    How I can find out where our water well is? There isn't any markings in the yard
    OK so the problem isn't the tank. Our plumber/contractor came and worked on things yesterday. He is now thinking it's the pump. The issue is in order to get to the pump we have to find our well. I live in an old house and the owner's have been dead for years. For years we thought the well was off the back porch in a casing. After pulling the top off this early this morning it turns out this is an old board well that was closed off many many years ago. We need to find where the newer well is but back in those days in our area you didn't have to get permits and there aren't any markers in the yard. There isn't any family members still alive to ask either. How can we find out where the well is?

Jul 24, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Our local constractor replaced the tank. Since then we've learned that it could be the pump on the well itself. The problem with that is we don't have a clue where our well is. There wasn't a permit because it was drilled b/4 permits were required in our area and it's buried with no markers. The family that lived there have been dead for years and there weren't any relatives. How can we find the well?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Trace the pipe with Pipe Locator.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 24, 2008, 06:56 AM
    we've learned that it could be the pump on the well itself. The problem with that is we don't have a clue where our well is.
    Is your pump a surface pump or is it submerged? If it's a submersible then itv might be easier to track the wireing back to the well head. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spitting Hot Water [ 3 Answers ]

In our bath sink in detached garage, the Hot water spits, coughs. Starts about 10 seconds after turning it on and continues for 30 seconds. Garage has it's own water heater. How can I stop it?

Water pressure surges [ 2 Answers ]

My water pressure is surging every few seconds. I'm on a well and have a 30/50 pressure switch. I think the pressure switch is faulty and is turning the pump on frequently causing the surges. Is this a correct diagnosis?

Water spitting and sputtering [ 1 Answers ]

I have Wellsaver 20 gallon water tank and a shallow well pump from Home Depot, not sure of the brand name. When I turn on the water, it spits & sputters for a few minutes every time its turned on. I have replaced the check valve & that did not fix the problem. Do you have any idea what could...

Toilet running and water surges [ 1 Answers ]

I know absolutely nothing about plumbing, but I am trying to figure out why my toilet keeps having water surges about every 30 seconds. It makes a surging noise like water is coming in, and when I check it, the water is rippling. Before this the water constantly ran in the tank, and I adjusted...

View more questions Search