Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mz2richard Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 01:43 PM
    3A Toe Heater on Microwave Circuit?
    Hello Group! Does anyone know if it is permissible to put a toe heater in the kitchen on the same 20A circuit as the microwave? The circuit only has the microwave on it. Any help greatly appreciated!:confused:
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 01:45 PM
    I see no problem,either with code or any other reason, with adding the heater to the microwave circuit.
    mz2richard Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 03:08 PM
    Thank You! I didn't see a problem either but it's one of those things you just like reaffirmed. Do I need to place these on a GFCI circuit or no? Thank you much!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 04:37 PM
    No reason for a GFI to protect a heater, only all counter outlets must be GFI protected in a kitchen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard heater wiring circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I just finished intaling a baseboard heater and I have a question that has been nagging me. The heater is on 240 circuit. So, I ran 12/2 and used the black and white to run my two hot wires as is common practice. Please excuse my ignorance on this matter, but this got me wondering. I have...

Microwave oven [ 11 Answers ]

Can you tell me approximately how many amps a small microwave oven uses. I rent and my house has 15 amp circuits and my microwave keep tripping the circuit. My landlady told me my microwave uses too many amps. Can that be? Thanks so much for your help

Adding a heater to an existing circuit. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to place a 240V electric base board heater in a room. In the adjacent room I have a conveniently placed electric wall oven by itself on a 50 Amp circuit with 8 gauge wire. The oven is only rated at 30 Amps and the heater at 4.5 amps. So, I want to run wire from the oven to where the...

Microwave Problem [ 4 Answers ]

The problem with my overhead microwave is that the vent fan doesn't turned off. I could switch back between low and high flow but I could not turn it off. Any help... >

Outside GFI circuit - 15amp outlet on 20amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better understanding of what I should do when setting up my new outdoor circuit. I've got a circuit that runs about 150 feet, so I'm installing 10g wire to allow for the voltage drop. I read in the Home Depot Electrical 123 book that I can have at most a 15amp circuit with 10g wire on...

View more questions Search