Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsAbner05 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Where can I learn photography basics
    I'm thinking of getting a pretty expensive camera :confused: I have a friend who has one similar and her pictures come out great. So my question is where can I find a website that can teach me the basics of photography. I do already know some basics but I want to really learn about how cameras work. I don't want to take an entire course on this because I don't have time, after all, this will be a hobby, not a profession. I'm not trying to sink a lot of money into learning this, I just would like to know a few tips.

I would appreciate all opinions and ideas.

Thanks!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Go to : KenRockwell.com There, you will find all the info you need to know about cameras, their usage, and basics of photography.

You can also take few selected classes at local Community College, short-term classes at your local Pro Camera Store (like www.CalumetPhoto.com), and /or attend various workshops.
    speed797 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:37 PM
    You can go to the library and get books from there. One of the best ways to learn is, if it is a digital camera, to just practice taking pictures. You can do the same with conventional(film) cameras but it is more costly. You can also learn a lot by just reading the manuals that come with the camera.
    okinawa Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Photography is a discipline that will involve a lifetime of learning. Here are some tutorials that can help you get started though: All items tagged with photography tips | HDR Japan | | |

Understanding Photography Composition | Photography Lighting | Digital Camera Settings | and my personal favorite HDR Photography

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Waiting to know the basics of it [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and don't know really anything about banking or what I should look for when opening a bank account. I want to know what interest is and all that goes on with a checking and savings accounts. Also- I have a prepaid debt card, I have an account with my father, but was wanting to switch...

Basics of probability [ 1 Answers ]

I was absent the day that my class began doing probability and I'm a little behind. My teacher is using a method involving NRPQ and I don't really understand it- does anyone recognize it? I think the N is the total number of throws, the R is what you are looking for- like a 1 on a six sided die,...

Basics on NJ->NY Taxes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I'm somewhat new to tax filing... I live in NJ and will start a new job in NY soon. I've read past inquiries and there's mention of NJ credit that may offset the taxes paid in NY... 1. Does this mean that I only get NY taxed on...

Microdermabrasion Basics [ 3 Answers ]

Anybody know anything about microdermabrasion? Thanks for any info!

Pre-Calculus - first the basics [ 3 Answers ]

Find the points of intersection of the graphs of the equations: x^2 + y^2 = 5 x - y = 1 Pretty basics, but lets see who's up on calc.

View more questions Search