Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkdr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Bankruptcy & Debt
    What is the statue of limitations on debt? Can a creditor ask for repayment on something from 1992?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 01:49 PM
    What country?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2006, 05:31 PM
    And besides what country, if in the US, what state, what type of debt and so on.

For example in the US there is basically no statue of limitation on student loans that I know of personally

Please supply more information
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 07:51 PM
    And if in Canada, what province?
    manutdman Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 11:20 PM
    1992? Damn that's a long time
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2006, 05:15 AM
    Since we never got a response on where,

Even if the statue of limitation is over, all that means is they can not sue you in court for the money, they may bill you and ask you to pay for the rest of your life or till they get tired. You still owe them the money, and they may still try to collect the money, they are just not allowed to sue you in court for the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy or 401K to setle CC debt [ 4 Answers ]

We were barely making ends meet before my husband (40yrs old) lost his job of 14 years due to cutbacks. His OT was cutout entirely 3 years ago after a co. restructuring. We did take $5K out of his 401K a little while after he lost his job 6 months ago. He was unemployed for 3 months, then found a...

Big debt, Need to file bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I really need to file bankruptcy. I am not sure how to go about it or what chapter is right for me to file. I don't even know what I should ask a lawyer about. I will be getting married very soon and I don't want my debt to effect his good credit. We will be signing a prenupt but I really need...

Bankruptcy and Credit Card Debt [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I filed bankruptcy in March of 1999. It was discharged in March of 2000. Today I go a call from Zellers, saying I had to pay them $319.00, that I still owed. I was shocked, and told them I thought it was covered under our bankruptcy. They had no record of them being...

Debt after Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

We filed bankruptcy and included our 1st and 2nd mortgage as a reaffirmation. Well my husband got laid off and we just didn't have the money to pay for the 2nd mortgage payment. The mortgage company notified us saying that the property did not have the value for foreclosure, but that our account...

Bankruptcy, 401K & a lot of debt [ 6 Answers ]

I am sick at my stomach as I type this, and don't have anyone else that I can talk to about this. Here's the situation: My husband and I filed bankruptcy and it was done on 1/1/02- only 3 1/2 years ago. We have been building our credit back again,and over the course of time, now find ourselves...

View more questions Search