Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MyLawnBusiness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Scag mower will not start
    I have a 52" Scag turf tiger commercial mower with a 23Hp Kaw engine liquid cooled. It has an intermitent starting problem that no one can find the problem. You turn the key and nothing happens other than you can hear the electric fuel pump run. The PTO will engage when the key is in the on position. Other than that it still will not start, turn over, click or anything. Once it decides to start it's fine for days and then it happens again. I have had mechanics look at it as well. I have even taken directly to a mechanic when this happens and yes of course it then starts for him. Please help.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2008, 08:54 PM
    I've asked this post be moved to tools and power equipment, as the sticky note suggests for questions about lawn care machines. In the right subject heading it'll get the attention from the proper experts.
    jsmith1975 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 03:14 PM
    I have a scag turf tiger 61 inch deck 27hp kaw liquid cooled had the same problem I changed the voltage regulator no problems since
    jsmith1975 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 03:15 PM
    Comment on kp2171's post
    I have a scag turf tiger 61 inch deck 27hp kaw liquid cooled had the same problem I changed the voltage regulator no problems since.
    dmartin77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2019, 06:45 PM
    what the answer to this question I got a liberty z scag doing the same thing took it back to dealer where I bought it from they had it 4 days started loaded it on the trailer got it home same thing nothing pto clicks with key on but will not turn over or nothing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scag turf tiger won't stay running [ 7 Answers ]

My turf tiger won't staying running When I start the mower it will continue to run until I allow the key to return to the run position. If I hold it in the start position it will run but I know the starter is still spinning. What is the fix?

Lawn mower won't start , changed Plug , but Still won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't Start , I tried Changing the Plug , But still won't Start

Scag mower won't start again [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Scag mower with a Kohler 22 hp engine. It wouldn't start so I cleaned and rebuilt the carb. It started and ran fine for one week. Now if won't start, again. Did I not clean the carb well enough? The gas is fresh and the fuel filter is new. It is getting spark and gas.

Scag Mower will not start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Scag Turf Tiger with a Kohler 22 hp engine. It will turn over but will not start. It is getting fuel and there is spark to both plugs. What could be the problem?

Scag ztr [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Scag ztr about 16 yrs old. It seems to be weak turning right. The left turn is good. Could this be a pump problem or a wheel drive motor problem? Thanks

View more questions Search