Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _Amy8901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Cartilage Piercing.
    So, I got my cartilage pierced a couple of days ago. Ive been reading that if its red you should see a doctor. Well mines is a little red, and it does hurt sometimes. When I clean it it hurts a little too, But it doesn't hurt to twist the stud. I mean its not really that red. Just enough to notice the red. Ha ha.. But yeah. I just want to know if its normal since I got it like 5 days ago...
    xrawritsmelissa Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Yeah that's perfectly normal. Esspecially if you got it with a gun. After I got mine done it hurt and it was red for a while! Cartilage takes forever to heal so mine hurt for nearly a year afterwards. That was before I knew you aren't supposed to twist it a lot. Twisting it irritates the ear even more while its trying to heal. But redness and pain are normal :]
    _Amy8901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Yeah but I got it with a needle too. [: and it's a little swollen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing red and swollen. [ 33 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago (with a needle, not a gun). I've been cleaning it as instructed. Right now, it's red, swollen, and painful. I assume this is normal since it's only been four days. But these are also signs of infection... I was just wondering at what point I should start...

Cartilage Piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced. It is like a regular cartilage piercing and i went to Piercing Pagoda. My ear is swollen but it doesn't hurt. My mom and I don't know whether we should take it out or keep it in and see what happens. They did it with a gun not a needle. Is there a difference between...

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I have 2 ear piercings on my lobe.. And I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow at piercing pagoda with a gun.. And I'm scared to deathhh! Do you think it will hurt? Or does it hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my left cartilage pierced 1 week and 3 days ago, it is still painful and I still cannot sleep on it. They told me to use Antibactieral Hand Soap on it, but I just couldn't, afraid that I wouldn't get it rinsed good enough. I have used alcohol and ear care stuff. I can move the ring around...

View more questions Search