Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmcorbin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Courthouse wedding
    Can you have friends and family in attendance at a courthouse wedding? Do you have to send formal invitations for this type of a wedding?
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 22, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Sure you can have friends and family (though probably not a whole lot of people), and since it isn't a formal wedding I wouldn't expect you'd have to send formal invites.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Most are done in chambers, so it is in the judges office, and it is not formal, also there is often no exact time for example in many courts, they hold weddings twice a day, so you go and wait in the waiting room with all the other couples until it is your turn to go in and be married,

You should call the court and ask for the max visitors.

Also remember you can normally find a local pastor to do a wedding in your home for little to nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Courthouse Wedding [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: My fiancé and I want to just have a courthouse wedding but we are having a hard time figuring out how to go about doing it! We live in Henry County Georgia and have no clue where to go to actually get married! Is a marriage license the same thing? We are lost! :( Please someone help! We...

Courthouse Wedding? [ 3 Answers ]

If you have a courthouse wedding, do you still need 2 witnesses? If I'm in a different state getting married, and don't know anyone in that state, could I find 2 strangers to be the witnesses? About how long does it take to get the marriage certificate? Can the marriage certificate be...

Courthouse Wedding [ 2 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I decided to get marry now at a courthouse. However we do not how to go about it. I know we have to get a license but don't know where to go from there. We don't know what courthouse to go to, or what we need for the wedding? Please help, we want to do this in the next two months. I...

Courthouse wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I live in webb county Texas and want to marry my fiancé from turkey. But we have no idea how to do it. Please help

Courthouse Wedding [ 1 Answers ]

How Does A Courthouse Service Go? What Do We Wear And Do We Need Rings?

View more questions Search