Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dakine123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Cant identify cinemax movie
    I was vacationing in Costa Rica and was watching cinemax one night around 11:30. I can't seem to find the title of the movie anywhere. It looked fairly new and was probably made in the U.S. It was in English. The main characters are Lyla (pretty red head) and David. Lyla meets david at a party but leaves shortly afterward to hook up with another guy. David was there with his girl friend whom he cheats on with Lyla multiple times later in the movie. Lyla and david develop a sexual relationship together. Throughout the movie Lyla is struggling with her parents splitting up and selling their house (her mom is moving out and she tries to comfort her father a lot) and her sister or friend is getting married. David also has problems when his elderly father that he had been taking care of everyday dies. Lyla tries to comfort him but is worried that she doesn't know how to be there for him because every relationship she seems to have had before has been strictly sexual. As david becomes more distressed (asking lyla to never leave him) lyla becomes more confused. She leaves him for a bit but realizes how she feels about him and confronts him at a bar when he is with his girl friend. She asks to talk with him and she tells him she wants to be with him, apologizes and tries to explain the issue with her parents. He tells her he doesn't want to be with her and she leaves brokenhearted. After that they think about each other all the time and david breaks up with his girl friend. He sees lyla riding her bike down the street and follows her in his truck. She goes to the church and is late for the wedding. David waits outside to talk to her but after the wedding lets out she gets taken away to the reception. David follows her there and they dance for a little before lyla stops and runs away. David follows her all the way to her apartment. She locks herself in the bathroom and david persuades her to come out. When she does, she has tears in her eyes and they hug and kiss and its over. Throughout the movie lyla talks to herself (not in a crazy way). You hear her voice expressing herself over some landscape or miscelanious shots. Sorry this was so long but I wanted to be detailed so if anyone knows the name of the movie I'm talking about please help me out. Thanks! :)
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Jul 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
    There is a movie called 'David and Layla' Romeo & Juliet type story, I don't think its this, but I thought I try anyway.
    dakine123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 05:54 PM
    I don't think that's it but thanks anyway =)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Lie with Me (2005)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late night Cinemax movie title [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a cinemax movie (yes the after dark special) back in the 80s and can't figure the title. The plot goes something like this: a guy gets abducted by aliens and returns to earth wearing roman-like armor and the ability to seduce women with his mind. Other details are fuzzy. Anyone know the...

Cinemax/Showtime Late night Movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie is a late night Cinemax or Showtime one. It starts a female photographer is taking picture of female models. She then goes home to her man and has sex in a fenced in area. Later she explores a club that in the downstairs has guys viewing behind a mirror as three females are blind folded...

Need the title of this Cinemax movie! [ 2 Answers ]

There was this movie that I saw on Cinimax long ago... I remember bits & pieces but not the whole thing Here goes A guy moves into a new home new community. He has this sex starved real estate lady who tries to seduce him. He notices that there is a homeless man that lives across the street....

January 2000 cinemax movie title? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember a cinemax movie I watched on a weeknight in January, 2000. It began with a robbery of a convenience store, then the rest of the story took place in a suburban neighborhood. The man of the house apparently had a criminal past that was coming back to haunt him, as he has...

Can Anyone Identify this Movie? [ 1 Answers ]

I rented this movie on VHS about seven years ago from a local hire store. The plot involved a wealthy but weird couple who did not have a physical relationship with each other but got their kicks out of the male watching his partner have relations with others (mainly females) and daring her to push...

View more questions Search