Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    You are right, my hope is still to repair the relationship. I am not trying hard to move on, I am trying hard to see if a 'break' does us good, while refocusing on things that I didn't give the relationship.

I can honestly say that if our relationship doesn't work out, it's not because either one of us are bad people, or even that we were bad together. We just wanted different things and we had a break down of communication. If we can repair that break down, if we can determine whether or not we really wanted different things or if it was doubt that made our situation what it was.

I am taking a lot of grief for still being hopeful. Maybe NC isn't the only answer after six years. I can still see our foundation and I know that neither of us has stopped loving the other.
    Hope, dream, fantasize. It's good for your head. BUT plan on moving on without him. Keep moving towards that goal of self-sufficiency, then you can deal with partners as equals.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2010, 10:31 PM

UPDATE:

Well, moving on is slow going, especially when you are breaking the cardinal rule of contact. (Some people are so hard headed! )

I have been frequenting the gym and loving it! Lost five pounds so far of my twenty-thirty pound goal. Been dating, if you want to call it that and found the dating pool to be very sub-par. Since when did guys become so clingy! Guess that confident with no true interest really works, men seem to love that challenge!

I had forgotten how fun it is to be single and love just depending on me! I have spent some real quality time loving who I am and feel like the growth is ten-fold. I have always loved me, but now I get to flaunt it without a care for those who don't love who I am.

Just a Happy Valentine's Day update.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 11:30 PM
    The gym's a great idea and good luck with the continued 'reshaping'!

Can I ask how you keep breaking NC?

As for the 'genepool' there are nice men out there-when you're good and ready.
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 02:56 AM
    for those who don't love who I am.
    Tharz stoopid peepul everwhere
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 06:43 AM
    Justy that's awesome news! Congrats on the 5 pounds. Congrats on the huge step forward.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 06:58 AM
    Been dating, if you want to call it that and found the dating pool to be very sub-par. Since when did guys become so clingy! Guess that confident with no true interest really works, men seem to love that challenge!
    Congrats on the weight loss and good luck on the goal. :)

Men have always been clingy. They used to be able to hide it better. :D

Have fun, Justy. You deserve it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 07:46 AM

LOL, I was absolutely floored, I met a guy for drinks, he seemed to have potential, nice guy, good job, caring father...

Met for drinks on Friday after work, that evening he asked if I would join him for dinner (a real date) on Saturday evening. I thought it was too soon, so I covered with plans with a girlfriend. He then called me and asked me to break my plans and spend the evening with him. By Saturday, it wasn't going to be dinner, he wanted to hang at his house and watch movies... ummmm, cripes. So when I told him I wasn't breaking my plans, but did welcome him to stop out for a drink... it went from coming, to not coming, to coming, to not coming, I was pretty fed up. Then came the topper!!

He text me to tell me to stop by his house AFTER the bar!! Ummmm, OMG!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 07:55 AM

Well it takes all sorts!
    Some people are just,eh,weird!
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 08:01 AM

I was trying to figure out how I got 'Booty Call' posted on my forehead, LOL.

Then while out with my girlfriend, she had invited out a guy who had been interested in dating her. The next day, he was trying to get information about my status from her. She didn't really care, she had already told him she wasn't interested, but how freaking tacky!
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 08:02 AM
    Justy run fast from that one. Wow.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 08:18 AM

That was TWO! It's scary, which one was worse, the guy who wants me to come to his house after going out to the bar at 2:30 a.m. or the guy who uses his current interest to try and date her friend.

This was just my first weekend. I will have more stories to share in the up and coming months. LMFAO.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 08:56 AM
    This was just my first weekend. I will have more stories to share in the up and coming months. LMFAO.
    It sounds like your sense of humor is going to be getting quite a work out. :D
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:34 AM
    What a turn around for you I am so happy. I am sure you will be keeping us entertained.
    Better wash that "Booty call" off your forehead silly girl.
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 11:31 AM
    I was trying to figure out how I got 'Booty Call' posted on my forehead
    If 5 pounds posts that on your forehead, what do you get for 15?
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 11:42 AM

No worries Cats, I didn't even have to lose the five pounds to be a walking "Please screw me" sign.
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 11:43 AM
    No worries Cats, I didn't even have to lose the five pounds to be a walking "Please screw me" sign.
    Wrong thread thoughts now running through my mind...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's your phobia? [ 93 Answers ]

I thought this would be a fun idea- Supposedly all of these are real but if not its still fun ^.^ The Phobia List ^^were I got the list Here are some of mine Achluophobia- Fear of darkness. Acrophobia- Fear of heights. Agliophobia- Fear of pain. Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of...

Overcoming commitment phobia and building self-confidence [ 14 Answers ]

Hi and a happy new year. I´m in my late forties, divorced with two daughters. I´m single, but I don´t seem to have enough self-confidence to build up and maintain a good love relationship. It´s a strange dilemma. On the other hand, career-wise, I have reached very high levels, money-wise as...

Commitment phobia [ 5 Answers ]

hi, I and my guy have been together for 10 and a half years. we have parted several times for short durations but keep coming back to each other. we really love each other but we have recently realised that he is commitment phobic...how do we overcome this..he is willing to but we don't know what...

Commitment Phobia? [ 24 Answers ]

I am dating someone that I believe has Commitment Phobia. He knows that he has commitment issues and knows that he has to work on them. I just received the whole, "we should slow things down" phrase right when he told me that his feelings were very very strong and that he likes me more than a...

Commitment phobia? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was reading about how often the person in the relationship with this issue will come up with reasons as to why you shouldn't be together. However, they don't give you a reason. My boyfriend of almost two years did this my guess is because of two bad past...

View more questions Search