Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vnrksandeep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 04:02 AM
    Usb Drive Scam
    I had purchased a 512mb USB 5 in 1 Mp3 Player. And when I formatted it, the memory got reduced to 256mb disk, even I used complete 497 mb storage before formatting. But after formatting I was surprised to see that it became 256mb drive. Is there any solution for this problem. When I asked somebody, they said that using drive space program we can get that space back. I'm using windows xp now. I couldn't find any such programs in windowsxp. Please give me a solution. Thank in advance.

Sandeep
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 04:43 AM
    Sounds odd. What's the make and model of the drive?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 5, 2006, 06:19 AM
    Um why did you format it? The only time I've ever had to format a USB drive was to password protect it.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 5, 2006, 08:15 AM
    Is it possible the data storage portion is separate from the MP3 player... kind of like a partitioned drive??
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Apr 6, 2006, 05:24 AM
    Which file system did you format it with, Fat, FAT32 or NTFS. The choice you make can change the amount of space you will get on the resulting drive.

I'm not sure which is the correct file system you should have used, probably fat as it's less than 2 gig!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tmobile Is A Scam [ 11 Answers ]

Jan 9, 2005 T Mobile P.O. Box 3210 Albuquerque, NM 87190-3210 Re: 330213164 To whom it may concern:

Crown Lengthening Scam [ 9 Answers ]

My wife was told she needed to have 5 crowns after a recent exam. The Dental "advisor" (not the dentist) says she needs "crown lengthening" on all five. The "crown lengthening" costs $900 a tooth=$4500 plus $450 each for the crowns (only the crowns are covered by insurance). We agreed not...

How do you know if it's a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way of telling what prodcuts are scams when looking for skin lightening methods online? (ie- I've heard that http://www.whiterskin.com is a scam) And what's the deal with chemical peels... are they good or bad?

Email scam [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Please see a scam that's doing its rounds across the web again, I found this in my inbox this morning... ;) Email sender = "vivian amana" <[email protected]>

View more questions Search