Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keriellen2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 12:49 AM
    Paternity Issue
    HI, I found out I was pregnant on February 16th and I am wondering who the father of my baby is. My last period was January 17th. I had sex with the man I hope is the father on both the night of January 24th and the morning of January 25th both unprotected. I also happened to have sex with another man on February 1st. He used a condom but it did break. I then went to get a Plan B pill and took it accordingly. I still got pregnant. I looked at a chart and it said that the date of my ovulation was in fact February 1st. So which man is the father? I read somewhere that a mans sperm can live inside a woman for up to 8 days. Could the man who I had sex with twice 6 days before ovulation be the father? Wouldn't the pill have stopped me from getting pregnant the time after with the second man? Could I have already been pregnant when I took the pill? I know that only a paternity test can determine who the father is but I just need to hear what other people think, as I am freaking out. Thank you
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 05:15 AM
    8 days is an exageration for sperm life. 2-3 days is the standard answer you'll get from medical professionals, although some may say up to 5.

I don't find a single reputable source claiming 8 days.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 11:59 AM
    From my readings it looks like you ovulated Jan 31 and could have conceived if you had sex on Jan 30, 31, Feb 1 or 2.

Now, this stuff isn't always accurate.

A paternity test will confirm it, but I believe that the second man (the Feb 1 guy) is the father.

Source: http://experts.about.com/q/ObGyn-Pre...egnant-155.htm

Note: Knowing your dude date will also help in determining when you got pregnant.
    justinarenee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by keriellen2
    HI, I found out I was pregnant on February 16th and I am wondering who the father of my baby is. My last period was January 17th. I had sex with the man I hope is the father on both the night of January 24th and the morning of January 25th both unprotected. I also happened to have sex with another man on February 1st. He used a condom but it did break. I then went to get a Plan B pill and took it accordingly. I still got pregnant. I looked at a chart and it said that the date of my ovulation was in fact February 1st. So which man is the father? I read somewhere that a mans sperm can live inside a woman for up to 8 days. Could the man who I had sex with twice 6 days before ovulation be the father? Wouldnt the pill have stopped me from getting pregnant the time after with the second man? Could I have already been pregnant when I took the pill? I know that only a paternity test can determine who the father is but I just need to hear what other people think, as I am freaking out. Thank you
    I feel you girl... Im going through the same thing. Makes me feel like NEVER having sex again.. lol! I also took that PlanB pill after I had sex and thought it would work but it didn't. About 3 weeks earlier I was with a different guy but was actually on the pill at that time and stopped taking it a couple days after because I was getting sick. I wasn't sure if that Plan B didn't work also because maybe I was apready pregnant. Im not sure what site I went to but just try doing some reseach off Google and something will tell you most likely when you got pregnant according to your de date... Good luck to you.. Hopefully this will teach us a lesson ;/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult paternity rights [ 8 Answers ]

What rights does an adult have to leagally force the issue of establishing paternity? The father listed on the birth certificate it incorrect. If the adult child has no rights can a grandchild or great-grandchild force the issue, even if only for medical and corrected document reasons?

Legal rights/paternity [ 4 Answers ]

I found out I have a two y/o son recently. Mother says she got pregnant purposely to have sibling for older brother. She agreed to let me see him which I have regularly since I found out. I also established paternity through a blood test. Problem is, I want to see child more than mother wants me...

Paternity test proves NO [ 11 Answers ]

:cool: Hey: Need some advise. My 20 yr old son was ordered to take DNA paternity test while in jail. The results came back NEGAVTIVE. He is not the biological father. (in writing,on paper) The court has jurisdiction and now wants him to take another test

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search