Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikes_angel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 08:51 AM
    JD 212 dies when blades are engaged
    We have a JD 212 garden tractor. When you engage the blades the mower will die. Can anyone help try to explain what may be causing this problem? Jensallen.. we looked over the info you sent and found that the reason it wouldn't start was because of the carborator. Thank you so much for your help.. we now just need to figure out why it dies when we engage the blades. Any advice? Thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Not sure of all the details here. But the dying could be caused by the carb, the governor, fuel supply, or head gasket, there are numerous possibilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deer Hydro 175 - blades engaged kill engine [ 8 Answers ]

Issue: When blades get engaged the engine sometimes stops, when sitting for a 5 minute length of time the enging stops. Have Tried: I disconnected the safety plunger under the seat. This did work for a little while then same issue. I just bought this from my brother, he had told me of this...

Lawntractor blades will not stay engaged [ 1 Answers ]

I just changed the blades on my Yardman Lawn Tractor. And now the lever that engages the blades will not stay over. I pull the lever left to right and it usually stays in place and the baldes stay engaged. I removed the deck to change the blades. It seems simple enough, I only had to un loop...

John Deere 316 dies when hydro engaged [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1986 John Deere Model 316 riding tractor. I have a problem with a safety switch somewhere that I cannot seem to locate. When I start the motor and try to engage the hydrostat or the pto, it dies. I have replaced the switch on the hydro control and cut the wires on the seat switch and...

Bolens 15.5 38 in cut. Tractor jerks w/ blades are engaged [ 2 Answers ]

When I engage the blades, The whole tractor jerks pretty hard in a way, should I say( like a missing tooth on a gear) Seems to do it more while turning or going up hill. When I disengage the blades the jerking stops and the tractor acts fine, as long as the blades aren`t spinning. Pullys...

View more questions Search