Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Hooking back up with ex
    I have a problem. I listened to some false rumors six years ago in high school and broke a dear friends heart. I never got over my frustration for acting hasty. Now, after calling every person in the phone book with her last name and looking on whitepages on the net, I've finally found her. I have joined an internet community called myspace.com and sent messages to her personal box on myspace, but I just can't get anything back. Was I being a fool for thinking that she would want to forgive me?:(
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Perhaps.

Sometimes people don't want to get over these things.

Send her the message, saying in the first line you are sorry.

If she doesn't want to accept it/communicate with u, so be it…at least u tried.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2006, 04:49 PM
    It sounds like this was a long time ago... I imagine it was painful for her. She may be thinking that you are apologizing now but wonders if you would act the same again. She likely feels that you nevr trusted her and why would you now?

You may want to address and acknowledge these issues when you contact her. You acted like an ***. Cop up to it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Hi, uncle,
    Are you sure this person even remembers you?
    There is possibility this person doesn't even remember you.
    At any rate, you have done all you.
    Put it behind you, maybe not listen to "gossip" again and take it as truth, and move on.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Hi,
    Are you telling this person who you are, or are you simply trying to get a response first?
    The thing with myspot.com is that a hundred people can send you messages, the board gets overwhelming and people stop checking their messages. Is there any recent activity from her (last time she updated her page?)
    If you want your message to stick out use - Your Name (first and last) is trying to get in touch with Her Name.
    Good luck
    -Kae
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 10:59 AM
    Well... unfortunately there is a difference in wanting forgiveness and in being sorry.

Your sincere apology might have been something she needed to hear, even if it had been such a long time ago. I once did a similar thing, digging through phone #s until I found someone who I had treated badly after a person close to me had died. I was just out of my head, but she deserved to be treated more kindly than I had acted.

The forgiveness part... she just may not be ready. That doesn't make you feel better, but that's just how it is.

Best thing you can do is sincerely apologize and then be done.

Expecting anything more from her is selfish and takes away from the act of coming clean. The act alone needs to be enough. If she comes around, great. But you should not expect to be absolved.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2006, 05:35 PM
    It was certainly worth a shot. Have you come right out and admitted your mistakes and asked her to forgive you? Unfortunately some people bear grudges to the extreme. If that's the case, then you may never be able to get anything from her. You were right to try and hope for the best. It sounds like you learned some valuable lessons along the way when it comes to listening to and acting upon gossip. Maybe she'll eventually come around yet. Hang in there, learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them.

Apr 24, 2006, 07:47 PM
    I have a photo uploaded on myspace.com, she has read every message I've sent her, she beat the automated CEO friend that adds himself as soon as you sign up, and she has seen that it is truly me, so I guess I've got to move on... I now have an account at singlesnet.com

Thank you very much
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2006, 08:00 PM
    Moving on isn't fun, but when it's the right thing to do...

... well, it's the right thing to do.

At least you know you put yourself back out there and aren't going to wonder if... id ALWAYS rather know reality. I can deal with reality. Sounds like you are doing that too. Good luck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Hi,
    Congratulations on being able to move on. It's sometimes hard, as I experienced with a Divorce after being married for 7 yrs, many years ago. Took me a year before I could start seeing others.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.

Apr 25, 2006, 05:49 PM
    Thank you all for your support.
    didee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2006, 10:29 PM
    Sounds as though you're trying to hook up with someone from your past just because it's easier thatn meeting someone new. I've done that & it is not the right way to go... the past is the past - especially seeing that she is showing no interest. Try to meet someone through friends - at least someone will know all about them... it's safer that way. You sound lonely
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 24, 2006, 01:49 AM
    It's very likely that SHE has moved on and doesn't want a painful reminder from the past. You tried and she knows you are sorry. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a gas stove [ 5 Answers ]

My gas stove is falling apart. I found basically the same gas oven used, but a few years newer than my current stove. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if it would be all right for me to hook up the gas line. Is it as simple as turning off the gas line, unscrewing the hose and...

Hooking up DSL [ 5 Answers ]

I had Dial-up service up until this point and now I am hooking up DSL service. I have Windows xp. After I hook up to modem and the ethernet cable and all that, do I just click on Internet Explorer like I did before, or do I have to change settings on my PC? I thought some kind of window was...

Hooking up a AMp to a comp... [ 4 Answers ]

I have heard nothing about hooking up a amp to a computer... I have pulled the ittle computer amp out of the computer... so how would I hook up an amp and subs to it... or just subs?

Someone Please define hooking up for me. [ 4 Answers ]

As I am creeping up on 40, I have lost some of the lingo, that is going around, I drive a bus for a living, and hear kids talk all the time, I constantly hear them say Ya, I was at a party and I hooked up with this one and then later I hook up with that one Someone Please define hooking...

Hooking 2 computers through a router [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get 2 computers to go through a Cable Modem. They both work hooked up individually but not together through the Linksys 8+1. They are both plugged into a Linksys 8+1 Workgroup GigaSwitch EtherFast 10/100/1000 and that device is plugged into the cable modem. Is the 8+1 also known...

View more questions Search