Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmono1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
    (2) vents in one
    I have 3 existing vents through my basement wall in one area of my house and would like to tie my basement Bathroom vent into one of them. Is this legal? I'm trying to avoid another wall/siding penetration. The existing vents are (1) for the cooktop down draft; (1) for my electric dryer; (1) for my propane water heater. Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Those vents are more like an exhaust stack and you should not tie a plumbing vent into them. Your best plumbing vent would terminate above the roof line but can run exterior of the house but not terminate below a window or doorway.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 21, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Also, you may extend the vent into the attic and revent back to a existing roof vent. But Bob's dead on, you can not connect to anything but the roof , a AAV, or another dry vent. Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 06:29 PM
    No, you cannot connect pluming fixture vent to any of those listed. You need to run new vent all the way through the roof or connect it to existing vent above anti-siphon level on the floor of the particular plumbing fixture this vent vents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to set the vents [ 1 Answers ]

The vents in our house are generally near the ceiling, with a slide lever to one side. We are having trouble getting it cold enough in several downstairs rooms and I'm wondering: does sliding that lever up and down open and close the vents or direct the airflow?

Dripping air vents [ 2 Answers ]

Water is dripping from an air vent when the a/c is running. Any suggestions as to why and how to repair?

Air not blowind through vents [ 1 Answers ]

How do I check the voltage on the compressor on the outside condensing unit using a voltmeter without frying myself

Return air vents [ 6 Answers ]

Does this also apply to the 90% efficiency models that are vented vertically to the outside of the house? We just had one installed. Brand is Rheem. Should the return then be blocked off in heating months and opened for a/c, even with the newer models?

Why are there vents? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, it looks like moving the toilet is way beyond my diy skills right now. So I am back to the original plan of just moving the supply lines. Ripping the drywall off has revealed even more interesting things. The cold water pipe looks like that mousetrap game with more turns than a...

View more questions Search