Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TORPSTER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Bad fuel solenoid?
    If I spray starting fluid or pour a little gas in my carb will my mower start if my fuel solenoid is bad
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:31 PM
    It should try to start. It's basically a fuel cut solenoid. Don't use stater fluid. Use carb cleaner as starting fluid.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Yes the engine will run as long as you provide the fuel from the carb cleaner, or starting fluid. Carb cleaner is preferred on small engines though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

Replacing Fuel shut off solenoid with bolt. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to get my Poulan riding mower started for about a week. Finally traced the problem to the fuel shut off solenoid on the carb. The wires going to the solenoid have power, but the solenoid does not work when the wires are pluged into it. Hooking the solenoid directly to the battery...

Fuel injecter or fuel pressure regulator ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1996 gmc sonoma (zr2 package) with a 4.3 motor (engine code W). I sometimes have problems getting it started, when the motor is warm it starts without any problem, but when it is cold I have a hard time getting it started, if I put gas or starting fluid down the throttle body it starts...

MTD Briggs 16.5 fuel solenoid [ 11 Answers ]

How can I determine if I have a bad fuel solenoid on my mower. Mower turns over great but will not start. Had fuel dump into the oil - changed it and dried out the valve cover and spark plug. Disconnected the kill wire on the coil. Gets spark when tested plug on head. Any other suggestions?

View more questions Search