Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikes_angel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 10:02 AM
    JD 212 won't start
    I have a 212 John Deere garden tractor. I have gas in it, have fire, turns over fine, it's not flooding out, but it won't start. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    jensallen Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Pull the spark plug and see if you have compression. If you have compression then pull the bowl off the bottom of the carborator and see if there is a continuous stream of fuel flowing out of the bottom. If not change your fuel filter. Check your air filter to see if you have a blockage of airflow. Check your muffler to see if absructions are blocking the exaust flow out. Make sure your fuel tank cap is ventalating proporly to rule out fuel suction lock.

Keep in mind that three primary resources are needed for a combustion engine to run. If you make sure that they are clear and are getting to the combustion chamber properly then your engine will start unless something internal is damaged.

Air
    Fire
    Fuel
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 06:30 PM
    You need fuel, air, compression, and spark. Check each then let me know where you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I start looking for grants to start up construction business in Mn. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I am John and I would appreciate any help I could get on finding some grants or low interest loans for starting a concrete contracting business.I have searched some sites but most want money for a kit.My credit is not very good and I am just trying to start a small construction business.I am...

Lawn mower won't start , changed Plug , but Still won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't Start , I tried Changing the Plug , But still won't Start

Can't start my Poulan chainsaw. Start rope too hard to pull. [ 1 Answers ]

Can't start my chainsaw because the start rope is too hard to pull out. Pulling the rope causes a jerky action.

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

View more questions Search