Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattiepicc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Bookmark problems
    I hope this is the right place to ask this. If not please move to the correct location.

My husband just upgraded from foxfire 2.1 to 3.1 and now I have all kids of problems with my book marks! (when I asked him why he messed with my computer he just said it told me to up date so I did:mad: )

It took me 5 hours to get my book marks back! And now my bookmarks say library
    O.K. I can deal with that but I need my book marks dated.
    I click on the view and try to view dates the bookmark was last viewed but all it gives me is a time.
    I am a BIG internet sweepstakes junkie and I really need to know dates.
    When you have over 500 sweeps you enter daily, weekly and monthly
    You need to know if you already entered that one today.

Not a big deal for a lot of people I know.
    I have tried going in to tools and seeing if I downloaded a new theme if it would
    Change my bookmarks back but no luck. All changing the theme does it display
    The links different.

I was so happy with foxfire 2.1 but can't go back... I tried to and no luck

Can anyone tell me How to get the date to come up as M/D/ and not just time am/pm

Thanks for any help.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 12:59 AM
    I'm unsure what you're looking at. I can go Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Right-Click the column headings in the right pane and select Last Modified to get a date/time stamp displayed. There's also Added, Visit Date, and Visit Count column options.

If you're viewing them in the sidebar, there may be an add-on to do that.

Jul 21, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros
    I'm unsure what you're looking at. I can go Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Right-Click the column headings in the right pane and select Last Modified to get a date/time stamp displayed. There's also Added, Visit Date, and Visit Count column options.

If you're viewing them in the sidebar, there may be an add-on to do that.
    This is what I did in the beginning and the visit date comes up as time NOT
    the date mm/dd but x:xx pm/am
    I have tried clicking just on the date to see if I could change the way it is displayed
    and guess what it still comes up TIME not date!
    Hardware Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 02:26 AM
    I get only a time display for bookmarks that were created the same day. If all of your bookmarks are showing only time, even those you know were created a long time ago, it may be because they were "imported" or otherwise recreated during the upgrade process and therefore are "new" as far as the date stamps are concerned. I'll play around with importing some old bookmarks and see what happens...

Something you can try:
    The default storage location for the Bookmarks.html file (all your bookmarks) is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[RandomChars].default (see Mozilla Knowledge Base Article on Profiles). Note this is a hidden folder. Under this folder is a bookmarkbackups folder which may contain prior backups of your bookmarks from the previous Firefox version. You can view these files with a text editor and determine which are in HTML format and from the earlier Firefox version. You can then take one of these backup files, change the extension to .html and import it into your current Bookmarks file from within the Organize Bookmarks tool in Firefox 3. I recommend you make a backup of your current bookmarks first from the same Organize Bookmarks tool.

Update: Any bookmarks (IE) I import have a date and time stamp of when I imported them and only show up with a time (until tomorrow). So the above may not retain the original datestamps. I don't have any previous Firefox bookmark files to test.

You can start including date info in the bookmark itself so it survives future imports/browser changes. What is the date on your bookmarks looking like today?

Jul 22, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros

Update: Any bookmarks (IE) I import have a date and time stamp of when I imported them and only show up with a time (until tomorrow). So the above may not retain the original datestamps. I don't have any previous Firefox bookmark files to test.

You can start including date info in the bookmark itself so it survives future imports/browser changes. What is the date on your bookmarks looking like today?
    The problem is the bookmark yesterday say 3:19 p.m O.k. I understand that since it was
    3:19 BUT today the date is blank... I want it to say yesterdays date today,
    And when I access the bookmark today if it says the time fine until I access it tomorrow then it should say today's date.
    Does that make any sense to you?
    Hardware Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pattiepicc
    Does that make any sense to you?
    Yes, that's the way mine is working. What operating system are you running? The date display in Organize Bookmarks will follow in real time any changes to the short date format in Windows' Control Panel Regional & Language settings. See if changing the date format has any effect.
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Feb 27, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Goodness! So many circuitous 'solutions'

Instead:

kb.mozillazine.org/Bookmarks_not_saved

DIY: the answers you need at the speed you can handle
    kb.mozillazine.org

HTH

The Peoples Cube - correct opinion for progressives

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

Missing Bookmark Directory [ 2 Answers ]

I am using XP & looking for the Bookmark Folder that goes with Firefox Borwser. I have done a search & couldn't find it. Any ideas, I got as far as the profiles for FF & couldn't find the Directory.

View more questions Search