Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodz51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 05:32 AM
    New York Violation of Probation
    Hi. Im on probation for a misdimener drug charge that was sentenced in march 2007 due to end 3 years later. I just recently got re-arrested on my bicycle carrying a significant amount of prescription pills & marijuana. The pills were in my friends name that I just picked up at our other friends apt and was just doing him a favor. The marij was mine. Since my arrest, probation has, without speaking to me, asked that I go back to rehab for the marij because I admitted on paper that it was mine, but not the pills
    Could they violate me even after sentencing me to this rehab or will this be sort of sentencing?
    (also I have to go see probation today in a few hours for an official visit, so any help is appreciated)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 05:39 AM
    In my state if they give you an option to go to rehab there is no jail time
    But they can give you jail time and then you have to go to rehab.
    Since you did admit to the marijuana that may make you look more credible than denying you were doing anything wrong but really they don't have to believe you at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Probation Violation [ 1 Answers ]

What happens the first time I violate probation on Prop.36?

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received an VOP, but its not for receiving a new charge. I missed some days of my work program, the charge I received was Grand Theft what is a possible solution?

Violation of Probation [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend probation officer said he violated his probation because he caught another charge but the probation case is before the new charge case. What would happen? Would they hold that court date to see if he actually committed the charge? This is in the state of Virginia.

Probation Violation [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I got a couple questions... First off I'm on probation for my second underage drinking ticket. I got 60 hours community service and alcohol classes. I got violated for not going to my alcohol classes, due to financial reasons. I only did 11 hours of community service. What is going to happen to...

Probation Violation ? [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing well on probation for drug sales.Made it to mail in,had to report every third month.Got in trouble with CPS.failed a drug test with CPS.When time to report to PO.I got scared because of failed test with CPS.It's been 5 months since contact with PO of any kind.What am I looking at,and...

View more questions Search