Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allscrubbedup Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Give her a chance or take custody
    I have a 21 year old daughter who has a 2 year old daughter. The 2 year old grand daughter has lived in my home since she was born. My daughter also resided here until six months ago. I have continued to raise the grand daughter. This included providing all necessities including child care. The mother does provide pull-up training pants when needed out of her child support check. My daughter come by every Wednesday to pick up her child support and spends between an hour to an hour and a half with my grand daughter. She does not visit regularly other then that. I recently advised my daughter that I want to relocate to a different state for financial reasons and that she has 6 months to get her life in order to be able to raise her daughter or I was going to seek custody. This statement in-raged my daughter. She has removed my grand daughter form my home and is refusing to allow me to see her. I'm questioning weather or not to let her give the whole parenting a try or if I need to just hire an attorney and seek custody. My daughter really has no parenting skills and this is what is worrying me. Any advise? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration on my concerns.
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jul 20, 2008, 11:57 PM
    This is a tough one... your daughter is 21 years old, and it's her name on the birth certificate. If you feel so, report your concerns to Child Protective Services or a similar law enforcement agency to protect the child... don't expose yourself to her legal action against you... Good luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give him one more chance? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a year and a half was my first true love. Everything in the beginning was perfect but in the last few months we had some nasty fights. I realized he was taking me for granted, possibly because we had so many plans for the future he stopped putting in effort keep me satisfied in...

Should I give my ex another chance? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I started going out with this guy when I was 15 (( off and on )). Well we'd always break up over silly things because at the time we were young and had no clue what we were doing. The 4th time we broke up it was because I "thought" we were growing apart and I wanted something new because...

Should I give him a chance? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy that I like. He made the first move and told me that he really liked me and kissed me. His best friend also told me that he like me a lot, which is apparently unusual because he has a history of being kind of a player and not really liking the girls he's been with. The...

Should I give him a second chance? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex says that he has changed... he's grown up, and wants me to give him a second chance. I don't know if I can though because we had been talking about getting married and then he left me. I don't know if I can stand the heartbreak if he leaves again, but I know that I still love him... what...

Do I give him another chance? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that this ultimately is question that I will have to answer for myself, but I thought I'd ask, because maybe some of you have been there. I have been married for seven years to my husband, who was my first relationship, first everything. I'm 27... we married young. We have no children...

View more questions Search