Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celeste Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2003, 03:46 AM
    Checking out internet offers
    What website can I visit to check out if the business offers sent unsolicited through email are legit? I know that if they ask you for a "membership fee," you'd better be wary, but their offers can be so tempting! Offers I'm talking about are those that say that I'd get paid for my opinions, etc. I hope someone can answer me. Thanks! :)
    maruschka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2003, 03:48 PM
    checking out internet offers
    Well, it's months after your message was posted, but I couldn't resist putting in 2 cents.

If it sounds too good to be true... It probably is! I had a friend whose daughter spent days going through the different great-sounding offers she got in her email just to see if anything was as good as it sounded. Nothing but scams out there and vulnerable people who can ill afford being taken.

Work from home... Make big money... We'll pay for your opinions... Just do envelope stuffing... They're all pyramid schemes or outright scams.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Sep 4, 2003, 03:06 AM
    checking out internet offers
    You might try going to http://www.varietygalore.com/page/page/659755.htm
    Only legit offers are placed there.
    Few, true, but no scams.
    crazybird Posts: 82, Reputation: 8

May 21, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    You might try going to http://www.varietygalore.com/page/page/659755.htm
    Only legit offers are placed there.
    Few, true, but no scams.
    You need to revisit this site. You may be leading people to be scammed.
    It's not all legitimate.
    I checked out a few and they looked like scams.
    Mintjobs.com for instance wants money to tell you where to get online work that can have you working immediately! I checked them with the better business bureau. It is a sole proprietorship. Complaints were lodged against this company. The company never responded. Also did a search of what others had to say and was negative. People claim they didn't earn anything.

For everyone out there, I would suggest that you do a search to see what others who have done business with these companies say before you even invest a dime of your hard earned cash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card offers through the mail [ 20 Answers ]

Hi every one, I am so tired of receiving almost every day offers for credit cards through the mail : from banks, credit companies, oil companies... Is there anything I can do to stop that ? Thanks guys,

Offers for Pre-Approved Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

So the other day I get a letter from a credit card company that says I have been pre-approve for one of their credit cards. The address was my address, but the name on the form didn’t belong to any member of my family! And the name was NOT one of the previous owners (which was over 20 years...

Bad Checking Accounts [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I received a phone call from a law firm re: a balance that I owe on a bad checking account. The gentleman told me that he was giving me a chance to pay voluntarily before they garnish my wages. Is a collector authorized to garnish my wages for a bad checking account?

Removing this... Checking here before I do... [ 7 Answers ]

Virs scanner says that "vpnpoatq" is a virus but can't remove it manually or ny the virus scanner and sybot don't see it as spyware. I did a check on Google and other searches but came up with nothing Anyone know what "vpnpoatq" is and how I can get rid of it if possible? Thanks

View more questions Search