Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Mower won start
    I Have A Murray Ultra. Have Had Problems Starting. Cleaned All Fuel Lines And Carb. Now With Filter Off If I Place My Palm On The Top Of Carb With Choke Closed The Engine Will Run. Take My Hand Away And It Dies. This Is The Only Way It Will Start And Keep Running. Help!!
    jensallen Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by katrick
    I Have A Murray Ultra. Have Had Problems Starting. Cleaned All Fuel Lines And Carb. Now With Filter Off If I Place My Palm On The Top Of Carb With Choke Closed The Engine Will Run. Take My Hand Away And It Dies. This Is The Only Way It Will Start And Keep Running. Help!!!
    If the engine is a briggsandstratton then on the inner side of the carb there should be a black hose leading from the side of the carb to the top of the engine next to the flywheel this hose with a hole in it will make your engine run really rough or not at all. If the engine is different then you should have fuel and air needle jet adjuster screws on the side that can be adjusted
    Recommended that you count your rotations of adjustment if you mess with them. Before doing any of that I would try a new fuel filter and gas treatment for water residue.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 06:26 PM
    I simply suggest cleaning the carb, and entire fuel system, from the tank to the carb and then add fresh fuel.
    lester2125 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Well I have a 21 hp briggs&stratton lawnmower and I specifically wanted to ask you..
    It will crank, but not start. There's no fire to the plug. I don't know what to do. :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower will not start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt push mower that will not start. Gas is good. Spark is good. When pulling on the rope, I'll get it to pop a little, but that's it. :)

Lawn mower won't start , changed Plug , but Still won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't Start , I tried Changing the Plug , But still won't Start

Mower will not start [ 3 Answers ]

The lawnmower starts runs a minute then stalls out what could be wrong

MTD Mower Won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 42" MTD Lawn Tractor, I think it is a model 682. I try to start it and nothing, I just ran it last week and it was fine. Could the battery have died that quickly? What should I replace/check? Could the ignition switch have corroded and died? Is there a way to bypass it and check? I'm...

Mower won't start. [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn mower did the same thing. I did not leave it out in the rain. It is over 10 years old. Did you ever get yours fixed?

View more questions Search