Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trailya40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Home a/c has a weird smell
    My home a/c system has a smell like a cap gun being shot. What is that from? Turned it off what should I do.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 03:28 PM
    You could have the dirty socks syndrome. The coil in the inside unit needs to be cleaned.

Now it is also possible it is something else is causing the problem. For that you will need a ON SITE inspection and repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foul smell in front entrance to home-onion smell [ 6 Answers ]

A really weird smell, like rotten onions, quite embarrassing because my home is kept spotless everyone comments on the smell right when they walk into the house. There is a shower stall in a bedroom above this entrance but we have snaked it and poured drain cleansers down it and also stopped using...

Is this weird to smell it? [ 10 Answers ]

Okay. The girl that I like was at my house and we watched a movie. She had one of the pillows from my couch in her lap and her perfume smell got on it. Now I keep smelling it. Is that weird?

My mini dachshund's ears smell weird! [ 4 Answers ]

This site is great, I've answered a lot of my own questions after reading through! But anyway... I have a 8 month old mini red dapple dachshund, and I noticed this weird(bad) smell coming from her ears. I bought those ear care cleaning wipes, and even if I use them, her ears still smell bad. Is...

Weird Salami Smell [ 2 Answers ]

This is weird and I have been ignoring it for about a week now but in my living space there is the weird smell of salami and I cannot pin point what is could possibly be, anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

Weird Smell [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Before I ask this question, I just say that I've read a lot of other questions here that describe a similar problem. However, the answers don't seem to solve the problem I have. Ok what is the problem you ask? It’s this; My wife and I have lived in a condominium for 4 years. We are...

View more questions Search