Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sornord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 03:00 PM
    XP Pro cannot detect Sapphire X1650 Pro card
    I have a three year old MB with a 1200 GB AMD Athlon 32-bit processor; 2 GB RAM, 900 GB disc space on six drives. My old video card died and I bought the AGP version of the Sapphire X1650 Pro card. The system boots and comes up running 1280 x 1024 on the monitor but the refresh is very slow, and XP doesn't detect the video card in device manager. I've physically reinstalled the card, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver from the CD and no change. I downloaded the Catalyst 8.6 suite and when I try to run it, it says there is no product detected, i.e. the card.

Suggestions?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Was your original video card an AGP card also?

If not, try and get into your BIOS on startup and set Display adapter as AGP

Post back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's this song called it has chorous lyrics Sapphire Sapphire? [ 3 Answers ]

What's this song called it stars a lady in the video playing a piano and has chorous lyrics sapphire sapphire?

Sapphire X1650 Pro Video Card Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Sapphire X1650 Pro ATI Radeon video card. I installed it in the video card slot and booted the computer up. The screen will work initially. When it goes to load the hard drive, I get the following error: Have Option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID:... ) DISK BOOT...

Elements in emerald, rubies, sapphire yellow, blue sapphire, carals, and jades [ 3 Answers ]

Please, what are in these elements: Emerald: Ruby: Sapphire yellow: Blue sapphire:

View more questions Search