Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collinsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Lennox unit.a/c blowing cold air outside, not inside
    Help!

Our Lennox unit has been working until midmorning today. My husband notice all of the registers were blowing out hot air. Almost felt like the heater was on. The outside unit was running and had cool air blowing out...

We turned off the complete unit and then the circuit breaker... we turned it all back on and still the same problem.

The lennox unit is not even 3 years old! Not happy and very hot! Help
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 03:35 PM
    You have 5 year warranty on parts.

If the outside fan is running but no cooling that usually means the compressor is having a problem. Is the outside fan running?

Jul 20, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Yes, it's running outside, and blowing out cool air. The air inside is hot.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Some part in your outside unit has failed. Call for ON SITE service.
    BladowZanow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 07:27 AM
    I assume that you were able to fix this problem? I am having the same problem. I am curious what you found was wrong with the unit. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Apr 25, 2009, 04:23 PM

We have had so many problems with our hvac and it's only 4 years old!

For this one, we contacted the company that installed it and it was a wire that was crossed with another (with the outsite unit). It took them a couple of hours (two techs) to find it.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox A/C unit won't run [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm hoping to get some pointers. I noticed last week that while the fan on the inside unit was running in my house, the outside Lennox (HL26 I think) was not running at all. I usually don't try to fix this kind of stuff myself, so I called a local HVAC/Electric company to come look at...

Lennox unit [ 1 Answers ]

We are renting a house with a lennox ac/heating unit in it... Here's the story,. We came to the house to set some furniture before officially moving in. we turned on the heat... when we left, I had a smell in my nose like I had been around smokers or had just left a bar. The next day I...

Heating unit blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know why my unit is blowing cold air when it is set on HEAT?:confused:

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

View more questions Search