Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faiththorne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
    How do I know if it is the relay or the capacitor?
    My blower is not working. I have connected the red and green wires and there is just a humming nosie. What else could it be?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Follow the wiring diagram on the new motor. EVERY motor has on on the side of the motor.

You will also need a NEW capacitor to match the new motor.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 07:43 PM
    You won't know with out testing the mfd of the run capacitor and the volts and amps of the motor.
    Faiththorne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Thank you all. It was the motor and the capacitor. It was fixed and now I am enjoying the wonderful cold air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start capacitor/ run capacitor info [ 3 Answers ]

OK I think I have narrowed my problem down to either a run capacitor or my start capacitor My fan on top of my unit runs but the compressor will hum for about 3-5 seconds every 5 minutes or so . Is it possible for my duel run capacitor to let the fan run but not let the compressor run, or is...

HVAC Hard Start relay capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

When should I use a Hard Start Relay- Capacitor in a Hermetic Compressor? And How it works? Thanks.

Ac capacitor [ 6 Answers ]

Ac condenser fan not blowing where's the capacitor located?

Capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the fan, motor and the capacitor on my old Kenmore condenser unit. The unit runs well, and cools the house properly. Unfortunately once it cuts off, the motor will not turn unless I jump start it by turning the fan with my hand. Once it start again it runs fine and cools the house...

View more questions Search