Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keerthi1680 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Bank Fixed Deposit with Nomination.
    My father made deposits in a private bank and made me as lone nominee to receive the amount. My father expired now. But bank fails to clear the amount even after maturity and require me to produce some doucments regarding legal heirs. Will it be correct.
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2008, 07:44 PM

I believe after your father died, you will need letter of administration as Excutor to remove funds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nomination rules [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 1.One of my relative has died. He was the single bank account holder. 2.The nomination form has been filled by him(the deceased), but has failed to sign that form( as per banks verbal reply). 3.The name of nominee is appearing on front end of the bank. 4.Earlier bank had agreed...

Lien on bank account for seniors with SS direct deposit [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are 78 years old and on Social Security a fixed income. They receive a check every month and it is directly deposited into their account. They paid their mortgage and bills from that. Today they checked their account and found out that there was a judgement lien on their account for...

Joint Bank Account & Direct Deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I know this has probably been answered in some form within this forum, so I apologize. All of the details: My spouse has a bank account. It is in my spouse's name and I have been added as a "view only". I cannot move any money. Both of our payrolls are deposited into this account. Is his...

View more questions Search