Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    APLUS1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Nissan altima 2002 burning oil
    (nissan alitima 2002)this week my service engine light came on. On Friday I went for a oil change because my oil was low and black.. yesterday morning I turn on my car a and smoke began coming out the muffler. When I checked the oil it was low and black.. does this mean I need a new gasket head or what do you think could be wrong with it?

1000-1800$?
    Please tell me pricing if possible

Thank you
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jul 20, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Go to a public library and find a service book (Chiltons' Manuals for example), and check it out. Run a compression check on the engine and compare to the data in the manual... you may need an overhaul, or valve guides. Costs vary widely... Good Luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 Nissan Altima [ 15 Answers ]

I need some good advice. I have a 2002 Altima with 107,600 miles. The "Service Engine Soon" light went on in August of 2006. In Sept. I went ti Jiffy Lube for an oil change and the next day went to get my car inspected. Well the car failed inspection for emissions. In NJ only an authorized...

Nissan Altima 2002 [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with the head Gasket blowing on 2002 Nissan Altima's

Nissan altima 2002 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a Nissan Altima 2002 .I show under the milage a new world "ICY". Anybody got any advice/information? If any could help me out with this I would be grateful. Sonia

2002 Nissan Altima [ 1 Answers ]

I appreciate the advice and I will look into purchasing the oil and tester you mentioned. Do you know if other service centers can do repairs on Nissan with confidence or do I have to go to the Nissan serivce centers only? Also, can I manually turn off the service engine light by pulling a plug...

View more questions Search