Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eswinford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Carrier air
    My carrier air conditioner goes off after about 5 minutes. The cool on indicator keeps blinking and then the screen goes blank. I wail about a half hour and the unit comes back on but does the above all over again. Any Ideas?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Model number for all equipment and thermostat.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 12:20 PM
    To me, this suggests a problem with the low-voltage wires to the outside unit. e.g. dog chewed tstat wires outside.

Suggest disconnecting those wires at the furnace and go from there.

Presume outdoor unit is not ABCD bus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Hi Eff Furnace [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know the MBh for a 58UVB060, does anyone know?

Carrier Air Cleaners [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience with any of these air cleaners: Air Cleaners - Carrier I'm interested in looking into them for a new house and also wondering if these can easily added to an existing system. That way if I don't add them in the build, see if I can add them down the road w/o too...

Carrier Fan Won't Come ON [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier Heat Pump that was installed with the home at purchase in 2002. The blower fan will not come on. We have double checked all breakers. Any suggestions?

Carrier [ 4 Answers ]

I have had same problem with Carrier furnace - don't know model # at this point. After about 20 hours of working, furnace won't work unless blower switch is shut off/on. Or, open door/close it. I was informed by similar help site to replace the surfface heat ignitor, which can break as often as a...

View more questions Search