Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 04:06 AM
    Obama's donations .
    Are they all legal ? He is getting record amts of $$$$ ;mostly from on-line donations (most under $200). Pamela Geller who writes the blog 'Atlas Shrugs' has some legitimate questions she raises .
    Atlas Shrugs: Obama, who is Jeanne McCurdy?

She obtained a list of his donors ;a list she says is around 500 pages ,and found some questionable ones... like lots of names from overseas and multiple small donations from the same people on the same day with some adding up to more than the legal limit over time.
    There are way too many overseas contributions and I find it hard to believe they are all American citizens. How does the FEC monitor that? Some of contributions appear to be "bundled" from one person as source to hide the contributions of many...
    Obama(trained by Tony Rezko in the art of laundering money) could end up being in the position where he would have to return literally thousands of individual donations back to the donor without having a full accounting of who the donor is.
    Small donations of $200 or less were said to be democratizing the process. But this democratizing comes at the expense of transparency .The only caveat on his web site is that there is a check off box disclaimer that the donor is a US citizen.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 20, 2008, 04:22 AM
    I see... Now all your negative comments on Obama's policies failed towards their intended goal , it is now up to wild allegations and underhand suggestions...

Won't work neither, Tom : you're betting against the winning horse !

:rolleyes:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 04:45 AM
    Tom = SkyGem??
    sweet jane Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 20, 2008, 05:01 AM
    Um, when did "atlasshrugs' become a valid source? This from the same people who 'irrefutably proved' that Obama's birth certificate is a 'fake'. Clearly these people have an agenda... not evidence or facts. Notice in the article you posted, there are no other external sources... just one person's opinion. This is a blog, not a news source.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet jane
    Clearly these people have an agenda...
    As does Tom. :) We all know that here and take him with a grain of salt.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 09:04 AM
    That wasn't Atlas Shrugs it was some other Democrat source.

Perhaps a better source for you is Politico ?

FEC, media can't handle Obama jackpot - Kenneth P. Vogel - Politico.com
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Post a topic about Obama's positions and I'll be glad to debate them. I'm sure there will be plenty of fresh new positions once he is finished his rainbow tour.

However Bama has gotten a pass on this ;and McCain will probably not bring it up because BO is working from the playbook McCain drew up when he "reformed " campaign financing.
    sweet jane Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
    The Politico article states:
    "A milestone of sorts was reached earlier this year, when Obama, the Illinois senator whose revolutionary online fundraising has overwhelmed Clinton, filed an electronic fundraising report so large it could not be processed by popular basic spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel 2003 and Lotus 1-2-3. "

All true and understandable, considering the vast number of donations by individuals. The article does not say anything about any of his donations being illegal. If they were illegal, The FEC would, clearly, require that the money was returned. As for your first post, in regards to Jeanne McCurdy, her contributions thus far have been 1,050.00... as is recorded by the FEC here: http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/qind/
    Further, her blog site on Obama's website states that, since the 20th of last month (when the new contributions are to be delivered to the FEC) she has managed to raise another 450.00... which makes her total 1,500.00. While that is more than I can afford to contribute, she is completely within her right to do so if she is willing and able.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Obama(trained by Tony Rezko in the art of laundering money)
    You must really be scared of him to attempt these pathetics slanders. It's amazing what racism can do to a person.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 20, 2008, 03:35 PM
    You nailed it sweet Jane. It's not illegal. It is sort of amusing watching Tom struggle day after day to come up with the anti-Obama campaign posts. I've told him before that educated people reading proper context can see right through the charades. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 02:28 AM
    NK show me examples of my racism .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Hello:

OMG. Wer'e about to elect a member of Al Quaida, who never wears a lapel pin, isn't patriotic, and who is married to a revolutionary. He isn't a natural born citizen, and he's illegally collecting campaign contributions. Did I mention that he's black? Wassa matter with us?

excon

PS> (snicker - snicker)
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:05 AM
    There appears to be a pattern of illegal campaign solicitation. He has already been compelled to return money Rezko bundled .

They recently nixed a campaign fundraising scheme where they would take $5 donations for a chance to win a trip (expenses-paid trip to have dinner with Obama or meet Obama at the Democratic National Convention ) .
    The State of Minn. Doug Forsman, a special agent with the state Department of Public Safety ,complained to the Bamas that their drive was illegal as it was in effect a "raffle" .

Some of these "winners" were preselected and not picked at random.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    You nailed it sweet Jane. It's not illegal. It is sort of amusing watching Tom struggle day after day to come up with the anti-Obama campaign posts. I've told him before that educated people reading proper context can see right through the charades. :)
    Actually, it is your candidate that we can "see right through".

He is unraveling you know, have you seen how close the polls are?

He should be WAY ahead at this point of this contest.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    He should be WAY ahead at this point of this contest.
    Why?
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:38 AM
    History.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Hello:

I think he IS way ahead. What?? You believe the gol darn liberal media??

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

I think he IS way ahead. What??? You believe the gol darn liberal media????

excon
    I didn't say anything about believing the liberal media.

Just a comparison of poll numbers vs. real results, in the past elections.

Really simple, who did they show was ahead, and who ended up winning.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You must really be scared of him to attempt these pathetics slanders. It's amazing what racism can do to a person.
    This is precisely what I was referring to in my post "The Black Hole of political correctness," people injecting racism where there is none.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:26 PM
    In the same way that Tom calls Obama a money launderer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bone marrow donations [ 2 Answers ]

I am a regular blood donator, and at my last donation I was given a leaflet about donating bone marrow. After looking through the leaflet, I felt I may be interested in registering with the blood marrow registary. I am only 18, and I don't know too much about the procedure or anything, but I was...

How to make a donations tax deductible [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, A officer in my county has been injured in an car accident. His fellow officers are doing fund raising efforts for him and his family. An account has been set-up in his name at the local bank is it possible to make donations to this account tax deductible for donors?

Donations for Consignment Shop [ 4 Answers ]

Is it okay to take donations to open a thrift shop? Teresa

Donations [ 1 Answers ]

If a church is incorporated, but does not have a 501c3 status can donations be counted off on income tax. Would we be able to give a receipt for their income tax?

View more questions Search