Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rose P Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Hi, my name is Rose, I'm 19 and I just wanted to say in some teen girls it is true. I was one of the ones who fell for the losers and the trouble makers... however all a parent can do, is guide their kids into knowing what is right and wrong. It's not the end of the world if one of your kids get into a bad relationship, heartbreak is a part of life. It's a learning experience. (However if he does abuse her than serious legal action and charges must be made immediately!) Who your child chooses to date in the end is their own decision... I myself had a very unhealthy relationship with a man only 2 years older than I. Even when my parents wanted to protect me from getting hurt, (not physically) I would not listen because I myself am my own individual and I am in control of my own life. Whether that control is lost or not, my parents are not steering. They could only guide and they understood I had to see for myself what I was headed for if I stayed with him. I learned rather quickly without my parents involvement that I was indeed dating a loser. Now, holding off on allowing your teens to date, they won't have those learning experiences so they will have the risk of learning too late when men are looking for more serious relationships... would you rather have a teen that dates 6 weeks with a complete moron or a child that marries one? Not to sound rude in any way but 18 is on the verge of adulthood. Granted there are lots of nice older gentlemen out there, however the older losers are the ones that want to hurry a ring and tie you down to marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches in teenage girls [ 7 Answers ]

If my teenage girl is not getting enough sleep could it cause headaches? She only sleeps about 7 hours a night and sometimes less than that.

Teenage sexual orientation issues. [ 12 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old female. I know that every teen these days questions their sexuality. Every one of them. Even if a male says "Wow, I am sooo straight. But what if I WAS gay? EW." Ya know? I've always liked girls, even since I was little. I was always a tomboy, too. This was because I knew...

Teenage stomach problems [ 2 Answers ]

My teenage daughter has been complaining about unusal problems. She often feels sick after eating. Her stools are also mushy (they don't stick together properly) and have large identifiable bits of food in them. I am afraid her stomach is not digesting her food properly or there is a dietary...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search