Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Menstraul
    I am 24 years old and my periods are veryy heavy and painfull sometime I can't handle the pain. I clot the entire time I have my period. All day. And me mood is very bad I can't seem to function. But the cramps I just can't handle is something wrong wit me...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Certainly speak to your doctor about it, but some women do have a harder time of it. There are meds and herbal supplements that help some women; have you tried some of those? Evening primrose oil is a pretty standard one. For some women diet (boost healthy choices) and daily exercise play at least a partial role and changes in those areas can help a bit... avoiding too much caffeine and sugars the week before your period for example. At times certain forms of birth control may be recommended as well.
    mimi24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    Certainly speak to your doctor about it, but some women do have a harder time of it. There are meds and herbal supplements that help some women; have you tried some of those? Evening primrose oil is a pretty standard one. For some women diet (boost healthy choices) and daily exercise play at least a partial role and changes in those areas can help a bit...avoiding too much caffeine and sugars the week before your period for example. At times certain forms of birth control may be recommended as well.
    Ill try the evening prmrose oil. Ive tried the birth control some of them make the cramps worse and the docters were I live don't seem to know what there doing. I can't have anything that has estrogen in it because I have to fibroids they are small 9cm and 6cm and I can't even aford to have them checked can they make my cramps worsen. And eating sugars or caffine is hard because I never know when my period will start they are so eregular. And going to a docter I can't afford. I try walking a lot when its here but I feel so weak. Do you think that oil or anything else over the counter will work.
    anisa2009 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 10:01 AM

im in the same boat as you...i get really painfull, blood clotty periods that last 9 days sometimes...i went to the doctor, had a blood test and he said i was anemic, and this was causing the increased pain and blood clots.

im now taking medication for the anemia.....

you should go to the Nurse and get a blood test done ASAP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long Lasting Menstraul cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I had my period for 17 days it went away and 4 days later I got it back no I am not on birth control and yes I am sexually active I'm 24 years old and trying to have a child with my spouse I use to have it for 3 weeks but it was when I was 16 and it just came back am I OK to have a child do you...

Prolonged menstraul bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I started some light spotting around the 13th of November and I went to the ER because I was bleeding for like more than a week and they told me that it was normal especially if I have been stressing and that I should be OK and that it would stop on its own OK so I have been bleeding off and on...

Menstraul cycle [ 1 Answers ]

After having your tube tied does it make your cycle irregular

View more questions Search