Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hanksgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Lab losing hair
    My lab is losing her hair on her butt and under her neck. I don't have the money to take her to the vet right now because of the high gas prices are killing me. If anyone has any idea what it could be please help me figure this out. Thanks
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 01:14 AM
    It's probably either a skin allergy or mange, you NEED to take it to the vet ASAP as in TOMORROW. If you can't afford to care for her, she may get so sick that it is impossible to save her when she finally does get to go to the vet. I know gas is high, but if you're on that tight of a budget, you should not take on extra responsibilities like pets. If you aren't going to be able to take her to the vet very soon, you need to call the ASPCA or local humane society and ask for help. They will most likely ask you to surrender the dog for its own good, and it will be treated and adopted out to a new home with the means to care for it. I know this sounds harsh, but it is your responsibility as a pet owner to take your animal to the vet when it needs to go. If you had a child and its hair was falling out, you would take it to the doctor, otherwise you could be charged with neglect and abuse, and the same is true with pets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat losing hair, but not scratching! [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has started to loose the fur on his hind legs. He's an indoor cat, we don't have fleas, there are no other pets in the home. I was thinking he's developed and allergy, but his food has stayed the same. He doesn't scratch anymore than usual. His eating and drinking habits are the same. ...

Losing her fur [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know why my Jack Russell Terrier keeps losing her fur in spots,she keeps licking the same spot until there is no fur left usually around her legs... :confused:

Dashchund is losing his hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old male short haired dachshund. He is very active but he seems to be losing his hair. I live in a hot environment with little to no humidity. Does anyone have any idea why this I happening.

Am I losing him? [ 10 Answers ]

How do you know if you are losing someone? Can anyone give me signs clues.. :confused: Add on: He still calls me just.. still tells me he loves me... kisses me the same as ever... we talk about each others day and laugh and stuff maybe I'm just being paroniod... I think this past week we have...

Losing it! [ 7 Answers ]

I have two young sons, 3 & 7. I am married, but my husband is seldom home. He works constantly so he doesn't have to deal w/the responsibility of raising the kids. To say they are WILD would be an understatement. They have NO respect for me or the limits I try to set and enforce. Every day is...

View more questions Search