Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tahmena104 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2006, 11:37 AM
    Trigonometry
    I have to write a two page paper and a 10 min presentation on trigonometry and radios and I can't find anything! I know it has something to do with sin and cos but I can find nothing to elaborate on. I don't really know anything about sin and cos! Can anyone help me? Basically I need to know what the relationship between trig and radios are but anything on sin and cos will help! :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Are you sure it's not supposed to be "triangulation"?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 11:41 AM
    It may be that you're searching the wrong word. Trigonometry is all about ratios, not radios.

Here are the basics from which you can certainly get enough to do a decent 2 page paper and 10 minute presentation:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigonometry

... oops, I see Need beat me to the punch...

Look close at the actual assignment to confirm exactly what it is you need to present on.

Apr 3, 2006, 11:41 AM
    My teacher said do a paper on trig and radios. I just started this class so I am not sure about anything. I'm not sure
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Then you'd better go back and get the correct info about the paper/presentation.
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 11:47 AM
    The one thing I am sure of is that it's not radios: It's ratios.
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    The one thing I am sure of is that it's not radios: It's ratios.
    This was my angle: http://searchnetworking.techtarget.c...753924,00.html
    "Triangulation is a process by which the location of a radio transmitter can be determined by measuring either the radial distance, or the direction, of the received signal from two or three different points. Triangulation is sometimes used in cellular communications to pinpoint the geographic position of a user."

Apr 3, 2006, 11:53 AM
    Npe it says radios not ratios I hope it did say ratios it would be a lot easier. Thanks

Apr 3, 2006, 11:54 AM
    That might be it I might have to explain how trig helps explain radios! thanks
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Good eye, Need!

Tahmena, I apologize, and stand corrected then.

... where's the smilie with mud on his face? :o

Apr 3, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Its oki thanks for replying anyway it made me double check
    joseph2000 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2006, 06:24 PM
    You can connect the two by using radio frequency which is expressed using sine functions. Maybe you can read more from this http://fas.org/man/dod-101/navy/docs/es310/FM.htm
    thoth Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 04:50 AM
    What is the course on? If it is a pure trigonometry course I imagine that you've just got a typo. How about you check it with your teacher? This would also be a good time to clear up any other problems you are having (you said you didn't really follow what is going on).
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2006, 05:59 AM
    Hi, Tah,
    You said "I don't know anything about sin and cos".
    I second the answer before mine about checking with your teacher. If you don't know the equations for sin and cos, or anything about them, doing some "cramming" on what they are will be critical to presenting anything about them, or writing a paper.
    Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Math 10 Applied Trigonometry Questions [ 6 Answers ]

Argh trig. = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/modelalyssa/Mee/trig.jpg c) Calculate the angle formed at A. d) Calculate the bearing of A from B. 2. Jose wants to find the height of a radio tower situated on top of a building. Lying on the ground, 10 m from the base of the...

Precalculus-trigonometry [ 1 Answers ]

how do I solve this problem: 2sin^2theta=1 :(

Trigonometry problem [ 1 Answers ]

Lines a1 and a2 in two-dimensional space intersect at a point, forming an acute angle A. The slope of a1 is the square root of 3, and cosA=1/7. What is the slope of a2? There are two solutions.

Trigonometry question [ 4 Answers ]

A Gelert farmer owns a small farm just outside Meridell where he grows berries. His plot of land is a rather odd shape... it's in the shape of two overlapping squares, one at a 59-degree angle to the other. The larger of the two squares is 180 meters on a side, and the smaller of the two is 162...

View more questions Search