Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deloris gray Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Personal travel allowance
    There a person that I'm talking to on line who wants to come to America soon. Says that he needs to have a certain amount of money on him when he travel here. Is this true? He has a passport and had an appointment for a visit to the Embassy. Now he has to go to the US Embassy , and he need medical tests before he can come here and he has to prove that he has enough money to travel to the us. I just want to know if its true or not I haven't send any money and don't plan on sending any.I just want to know what is required for him to come to the us.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Hello, and welcome to the biggest scam in the world right now, bet I can guess this "friend" is from Ghana, and you have never really meet them, but they are seroiusly in love with you right.

Passport costs about 30 dollars with a rush one at 100. Yes they do have to get a medical for about 130 dollars. And no there is no required bank account to travel.

Jul 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
    OK thanks for that information and yes they are from Accra, Ghana. But you didn't say anything about the visa and how much it cost. Also what is the average income for someone who works there and what is the cost of living there. Sir I'm not a fool by a long shot I will keep talking to him until the day comes for him to leave for the US.
    Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 04:23 PM
    It is a very poor area, you can look up the US embassy for Ghana and they have pages of great info.

Jul 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Air fare from africa
    How much does a plane ticket cost from Accra,Ghana to the united states for one aldut, one way and round trip.
    Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 07:57 PM
    You can arrange it prepaid without sending them any money, merely research with airline flys there. ** and before they tell you that you can't, yes you can
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:07 PM
    What part of the U.S.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
    DL 1 800 221 1212 help desk ask for a live rep and then for international travel.

Jul 21, 2008, 08:00 AM
    MEDICAL- sexually transimited ,yellow fever,maliera
    WHEN some one from Accra,Ghana is coming to the USA what kind of medical tests are giving to them before they can come(all sexually transmitted and what else?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:04 AM
    You have posted this same question twice - should be combined

Jul 21, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Yes I've posted this one twice and haven't received a answer yet
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deloris gray
    how much does a plane ticket cost from Accra,Ghana to the united states for one aldut, one way and round trip.

$1860 round trip, coach, no weekend travel, Accra to NYC.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:11 AM
    yes ive posted this one twice and havent recieved a answer yet

Please don't keep posting it until you do - someone who knows will come along and answer. Otherwise people will research and answer not knowing someone else already has answered, on another thread.

This is a volunteer board and there may not be anyone available at the moment who knows 100%.

My preliminary research indicates that visitors who look unwell can be ordered tested for HIV/AIDS. I do not so far find any other medical testing.

Jul 21, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Thank you very much judykaytee
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:16 AM
    ok thanks for that information and yes they are from Accra, Ghana. But you didnt say anything about the visa and how much it cost. Also what is the average income for someone who works there and what is the cost of living there. Sir i'm not a fool by a long shot i will keep talking to him until the day comes for him to leave for the US.

I don't understand why you keep asking questions about the trip - what he needs medically, financially and so forth. Why isn't he handling this from his end of things?

As Fr_Chuck said, research Ghana - there's a ton of information available on line.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:18 AM
    thank you very much judykaytee

No problem - this medical information is just not readily available so it's difficult to give you a 100% accurate answer.

I asked this on another thread - why isn't "he" handling some of this from his end of things? I'd hate to see him standing on the airport when there's some other question and he gets turned back.

Jul 21, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Judykaytee, he hasn't asked me for anything yet these are just things that I want to know so when they do come up I can have answers for them. Thank you. I have read all about the scams that the try online, so if he see that I have done research then he will know that he's not talking to a dumby
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:31 AM
    judykaytee, he hasnt asked me for anything yet these are just things that i want to know so when they do come up i can have answers for them. thank you. i have read all about the scams that the try online, so if he see that i have done research then he will know that he's not talking to a dumby

Excellent - only you can protect yourself. Glad to see your head's on straight.

You would be amazed by the people who post and haven't got a clue!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
    There are a number of different types of Visas. A tourist Visa for a short period is simple to get and doesn't cost very much. But if he's applying for a longer term Visa or a work visa, he may need to show a job in place or a certain amount of capital before its granted.

P.S. I've merged your threrads into one since they all bear on the same issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allowance money [ 8 Answers ]

I am 13 and going into 8th grade. I have been getting $1000 a year since 6th grade for my clothes. I have never actually hit $0 but have come very close. I want to ask for more but I know my parents are very generous by giving me this. I don't want to sound spoiled because I know I am very lucky...

Allowance Method [ 1 Answers ]

Under the allowance method of recognizing uncollectible accounts, the entry to write off an uncollectible account does what? 1) increases the allowance for uncollectible accounts 2) has no effect on the allowance for uncollectible accounts 3) increases net income 4) decreases net income 5)...

View more questions Search