Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicanaprincess Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 19, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Parents READ!
    How would you fel if your daughter had a hicky?? But you know exactly who its from and you know him quite well
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 19, 2008, 11:27 AM
    I'd say "what the hell are you getting yourself into? If you are having sex, get out of the house and find a job. Old enough for opening your legs, old enough to play by the book and be responsible for any consequences..."
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
    My daughter is 14, I would be very upset.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 11:46 AM
    I would be laying down the law, and vigorously enforcing it.
    Bellagrace19 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Jul 19, 2008, 11:53 AM
    All right.. Let me give my opinion from a young mother.. with another on the way.
    I'm not at all blaming my parents for anything, because I accept full responsibility for everything. No one made me. I am as happy as can be right now...
    I had very very strict parents, and my cousin did not. She had parents that would sit down and talk with her, have pamplets of things for young girls, let her go on "dates" "exscorted dates", and I did not. They were a "talk it all out" type family, and she felt that she could walk up to them and start a conversation about anything, and get their support, opinion, and reasoning from them. I did not.
    I got pregnant at age 17 for fear of my family finding out, and being oh so mad...
    Moral of my little story... sorry...
    It's not right for her to have that hickey... sex in young ones is ridiculous these days... and its ashame. Just take time to talk to you daughter, and listen to her please. It's the best thing that you can do.
    And some grounding/tongue lashing is in order for that... lol..
    Good Luck
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 05:42 AM
    A hickey doesn't have to mean that there was actually sex. But we know that it can easily lead to the such. My daughter is 14 and NOT dating until she is at least 16. I would be some more tore up if she showed up with a hickey though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Depends, of course I always had the boys that the parents of daughters had to worry about. But how old is she, allot different between 14 and 17.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 06:38 AM
    What do you mean when you say that you know the guy well? Is you allowing your daughter to date? If so, are you allowing her to date this guy?

I know you might be angry, concerned, and disappointed but you need to talk to your daughter about everything, including sex, and all about what can happen when you do this, i.e. pregnancy, std. If you already did not.

If I'd have seen my daughter a hickey, I'd have inqure about it on the spot. She'd have had to answers the who, when, where, and why's.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 20, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    What do you mean when you say that you know the guy well? Is you allowing your daughter to date? If so, are you allowing her to date this guy?

I know you might be angry, concerned, and disappointed but you need to talk to your daughter about everything, including sex, and all about what can happen when you do this, i.e. pregnancy, std. If you already did not.

If I'd have seen my daughter a hickey, I'd have inqure about it on the spot. She'd have had to answers the who, when, where, and why's.
    Same here~
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chicanaprincess
    how would you fel if your daughter had a hicky??? but you know exactly who its from and you know him quite well
    I guess it would depend on how old they are. My daughter is 14 and I would be livid, but if she were 21, then she is an adult and can make her own choices.

Me, as a parent, knowing the boy very well has nothing to do with it.
    brazilia Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2008, 03:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellagrace19
    Alright..Let me give my opinion from a young mother..with another on the way.
    I'm not at all blaming my parents for anything, because I accept full responsibility for everything. No one made me. I am as happy as can be right now...
    I had very very strict parents, and my cousin did not. She had parents that would sit down and talk with her, have pamplets of things for young girls, let her go on "dates" "exscorted dates", and I did not. They were a "talk it all out" type family, and she felt that she could walk up to them and start a conversation about anything, and get their support, opinion, and reasoning from them. I did not.
    I got pregnant at age 17 for fear of my family finding out, and being oh so mad...
    Moral of my little story...sorry....
    It's not right for her to have that hickey...sex in young ones is ridiculous these days...and its ashame. Just take time to talk to you daughter, and listen to her please. It's the best thing that you can do.
    And some grounding/tongue lashing is in order for that...lol..
    Good Luck
    I agree.. with this all my cousins were pregnant by age 15 and I have about 20 of them! I have 4 sisters the oldes 25 and none of us has gotten pregnant yet.. and I'm 21 my parents were not strict but we had rules in the house and they talked to us about sex.. even though it was embarrassing.. some parents may not think talking helps but mentally it does!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To read or not to read? [ 22 Answers ]

Hey guys, Well this goes back a few moths ago. My husband and I got married little over a year ago. And at our 6month mark his mother came down to see us. Well to make a long story short, she is a big christian, and I'm not. Well I guess the way that the house was (it was a little on the messy...

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

Must read everyone! [ 11 Answers ]

See if this blows your mind like it did mine.https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/relationship-ending-after-6-years-now-im-lost-92700.html#post415752:eek: :eek:

Good math story (parents, you should read!) [ 1 Answers ]

By no means am I a genius or a math whiz, however I was able to successfully answer the question, "when are we ever going to use this trig' in real life?" My oldest step-daughter was 14 and staying with us for the summer. She was about 5'3" at the time and I'm 6'1". She was continually moving...

View more questions Search