Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mountainviewguy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Replacing fuse on troy-bilt riding lawn mower
    I have a troy-bilt riding lawnmower Model #1842. The operating manual mentions two fuses to check if you have trouble starting the lawn mower and the battery is fine. I found the one behind the battery box under the seat. The other is suppose to be under the hood and behind the dashborad. I have taken the side off on one side of the motor, but still cannot see or get to the fuse. Does anyone know if you can go through the dashboad someway? I am sure there is an easier way, but the manual gives you no instructions. Appreciate any help anyone can share on this.

Mountainviewguy
    :)
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Put the engine back together. Look back in the body of the mower around the steering column towards the right side of the unit. This is where the fuse is located.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Your quite welcome Mountainviewguy. And judging from your entusiasm, it seems as though you must have gotten the mower running. Good job.
    Don13301 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 11:20 AM
    In my 2006 mower, the fuse, after some considerable searching, is located in the cable assembly of wires directly after the starter solenoid behind the battery. You do not have to remove anything. Just look next to the battery compartment from the rear next to the left tire. There is a metal cutout and it is visible through that cutout.
    paw1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 09:07 AM
    Where are all the safety swiches mine won't start sometime
    knightcrab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Were is the solenoid located on a T609 super bronco riding lawn mower
    vopro Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by knightcrab View Post
    were is the solenoid located on a T609 super bronco riding lawn mower
    I believe that is the model I have. It's accessible through the left rear wheel well and from under the battery box.
    mohill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Where is the fuse box on a Colt ZT42
    mohill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Where is the fuse box on a colt zt 42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Location of fuse box on Troy-BIlt Super Bronco Riding Mower [ 7 Answers ]

WHere is the fuse box located on the Troy-BIlt Super Bronco riding mower? THe lawnmower was turned off while in was in forward gear and now it will not start. Any ideas of what might be wrong? Thank you.

Troy Bilt Riding Lawn Mower issues [ 1 Answers ]

2006 Troy Bilt "Pony" 17.5 HP, 7 speed "shift on the go" Just moved and it was fine when it went on moving truck. Arrives and zero happens when key is turned. Suspect battery, but checks fine. Suspect safety switches. Check seat, brake, PTO switches. All look good physically being...

Troy-Bilt pony riding mower fuse [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me where to locate the fuse on a Troy-Bilt Pony riding lawn mower. Model # is 689. Thanks in advance Acribb

Troy-Bilt Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

How do I route the drive belt for a Troy-Bilt riding mower? ModelD609G, 17.5 HP

Troy Bilt Pony Riding Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Troy Bilt Pony riding lawn mower two years ago this summer. I started it for the first time yesterday and after mowing for about 5 minutes, white smoke started coming out of the exhaust. I stopped the mower and restarted it after a minute or so. I drove about 10 feet and the smoke...

View more questions Search