Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wibowhunter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 02:42 PM
    How do I unseize a riding lawnmower motor?
    I believe my motor seized up due to excessive heat. The funny part was it was running and I shut it off to let it cool down and it would not start again. I was able to turn the flywheel with a cheater bar,l but it turns hard. So far I have pulled the spark plug and sprayed penetrating oil into it and replaced the plug, it is now sitting for awhile. I plan to try to turn the flywheel again and repeat spraying. If this does not work is there anything else I can do? It is a Murray 11hp engine.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Leave the plug out while trying to get the motor to move, that way you will have less resistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

Battery for old riding lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a very old wizard lawn mower. The battery needed to be replaced, traded it in, got the wrong size. Now I don't know what size to get. It's a 12 hp, 465cc, 38 inch cut riding lawn mower. I can't find any info on the mower. Any general ideas?

Honda Riding Lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Honda Riding Lawnmower 8313. The belt on the mower deck keeps breaking and wearing out. Is the $60 belt sold by Honda that much better than a regular automotive belt. Thanks for any comments :)

B&S 11hp Riding Lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

Mower was running fine - had to put it in reverse and now the brake/clutch is stuck all the way down - you can change into any gear(which I'm guessing means the clutch is depressed) - will not go into gear though and will not move - How can fix this?

View more questions Search