Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelytaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Trucking Driving Schools for Ex-Felons
    Can anyone provide names of reputable truck driving schools who accept those with a felony?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 04:02 PM
    It's not the truck driving school who determines if a felon can take their course. It's the trucking company that determines if they are going to hire you. Usually a trucking company won't hire a felon unless it's at least 3-5 years since the conviction and no other charges since then. They also look at the driving record. If you have a clean record they are more likely to take a second look at you. It is the trucking company's insurance company that has to be appeased in the hiring of you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Yes, I am sure almost any of the schools will take you as long as you have a check to pay them.
    Brian1129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 04:37 AM
    Trucking companies will not hire you if you are a felon, no matter how old it is. I have a felony that is 13 years old and they still use that excuse. BULL if you ask me!!
    rayward123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 04:23 PM
    That is not true 13 year old felon I have been online today. You should not shoot someone's dreams and ambitions down without knowing facts. I have found trucking schools that will allow me to attend and be apart of their program offered, but they require 10 years. These are schools that put you right to work. Yes it is true talk to CR England, Catlaw Trucking School, oh hey how about RoadMasters. I know I have done my research maybe you should do yours. I have 8 years in and can not get a heads up. I am not giving up though. There has to be someone that will take less than 10.They did tell me I could attend the school just not promised or guaranteed a job. They said try the smaller trucking companies I would have a better shot. It is up to the trucking company. What kind of felony do you have? It can not be a violent crime, or drug related. Have you asked these questions. These questions are important after all your pursuing a new career right?
    sahid710 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Can you please tell me some trucking company name that will hire ex-felons
    bo47429 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 11:06 PM
    Roadmasters is bull they said no they can't place me because of my record it is sexul battiry and its been 7yr I do regestor every year but no other charges and I did go to school at lincoln college of technology here in indana and I have a good driving recored I would like to drive trucks because I am not having any luck on working on them or in the auto fiuld so I can give my little girl what she needs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Companies for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if someone has answered this question or not somewhere else, but I would like to know what truck driving companies will hire you if you have a felony. I have 2 felonies, one in 99 for possession of a controlled substance and one in 04 for robbery. I just currently graduated from truck...

Know any Trucking Companies that hire felons? [ 14 Answers ]

I keep hearing there are truck driving jibs for ex-cons but where are they?

Truck driving schools for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Truck driving schoos for felons

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Trucking jobs for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a resent grad from trucking school with a 7 year old felony I've applied to all of the major carriers with no results and the school is no help, were can I go now

View more questions Search