Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nlln0001 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2006, 04:13 AM
    Ontario incorporation and debt
    I was told , even if a business ( Ontairo limited / Ontario Inc) goes bankruptcy , 25 percntage of the borrowed unpaid business (bank) loan must be paid by the owner / share holders

Is that true?

If so ,what would happen , if they can't pay ?

What are the other things that hold owner liablity even after the bankuruptcy?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2006, 02:31 PM
    Who told you this? Because they were smoking something most likely.

Unfortunately, it can't be pot anymore since Harper is cracking down on the pot smokers.

You would NOT be responsible since the corporation has limited liability.

EXCEPTION: If you PERSONALLY co-sign or guarantee the loan given to the corporation.

Other than that, you will not be responsible for general loans to the corporation should it go under.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitation (SoL) ontario [ 11 Answers ]

I live in ontario,Canada . 7 years ago, going through divorce, I stopped paying my debts ( credit cards, line of credit (unsecured), personal loan(unsecured),store cards). Collection agencies were chasing me but had no luck finding me. This week I check my credit report from both equifax and...

Ontario - debt statute of limitations [ 10 Answers ]

I was recently contacted by a debt collector who told me I owed an Ontario University money. I have not attended that school since 1999 and this was the first corresponence I received regarding this debt. I would like to know if they can take me to court for this, and if not, can they put this...

Ontario Statute of Limitations for Lawsuits [ 4 Answers ]

The Proceedings Authorization Committee of the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC) will be addressing a list of complaints against my mother’s lawyer within the next month that I filed back in November 2004. After a very lengthy & thorough investigation, the assigned Law Society investigator has...

Unknown debt problem -- Ontario, Canada [ 4 Answers ]

NOTE: Prior to reading this, please note that I reside in Ontario, Canada. I would appreciate inpur from anyone with knowledge about our system. Hello, Myself and my wife have always prided ourselves on living within our means, minimizing debt, and our (up to now) excellent credit rating....

TD Took Money from my Bank - Ontario SOL [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I desperately need some help! Today TD Bank took money out of my chequing acct for a TD GM Visa I had 7 yrs ago that was written off when I was younger. I went to the bank and they told me that the last activity on the acct was in Sept 1999. Is there an SOL in Ontario, Canada? Can...

View more questions Search