Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    993099142 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Should I only eat when I'm hungry?
    I am 100 pounds overweight and can go 2 days without food and not feel hungry. I tried only eat when I was hungry and I lost 11 pounds in 4 days. However, I always eat before I'm hungry because I love the taste of food. What do you think? (Please do not tell me anything about my metabolism slowing down and starvation mode etc... It's NOT starvation when your not hungry!! )
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 06:57 AM
    I am the same way I can go days without eating sometimes and not feel hungry.
    But it is not really good for you.
    I tried the eat small healthy meals three times a day and only gained weight.
    So I don't know what is best
    Often not eating can actually make some people gain weight.
    I think as long as you are not starving yourself or going anorexic and your metabolism is good then eat when you are hungry.
    Some claim it actually is healthier, others say no.

It is best to eat most at the beginning of the day and eat what you can but the healthier the foods the better.
    lilthechic Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Jul 18, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Your body needs a required amonut of calories each day. If you are not hungry I think you should chew on fruits. That way you eat healty, not gain weight and get vitamins that your body needs. Drink a lot of water.
    I envy you, the doctors put me on multivitamin pills and now I have a ferrocious appetite. I wish I didn't. How do you get un-hungry?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 09:28 AM
    OK, I won't tell you anything about starvation, because the human body can go roughly 3 weeks without food.

... However, your body is not like a car, where if the gas runs out, it will stop. It's more like an employee you've had for a long time. You start paying him/her less and less... he/she's going to stop working for you. Sure, he/she'll come work for you, but the job he/she does will start being pretty bad, and slowly enough, he/she will start stealing from you.

Your metabolism is actually KEY when it comes to losing weight. This is why many people that are extremely fit actually eat many times a day. Once you stop eating, your body will get better at storing up energy, so the next time you eat, the body won't use it, and will start storing it.

Really, the best way to lose weight is to eat small and healthy meals, and count your calories so that you can bring your calorie intake down. Also, exercise is very important.

Sorry I don't agree with you, but what you're suggesting, you're only asking to hurt yourself.
    stupididiot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 04:16 PM
    I have the same problemo
    I eat healthy, but I only gain weight.
    My parents won't let me go without food, even though I really want to
    I never feel hungry
    I feel so guilty every time I am forced to eat when I am not hungry
    Because I don't deserve the food I am consuming.
    I am 45 pounds overweight
    There are people starving to death, and I am eating like a pig, even though I am not hungry at all
    I am so huge and ugly, but what I am trying to do is eat a lot of fruits and vegetables
    In my opinion, one should only eat when they are really hungry, starving
    I am also trying to lose weight... I guess that I should start eating only when I am hungry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to not be hungry [ 16 Answers ]

I am 14 and 190 pounds. I am at a very unhealthy weight for my age and I need to change that. I don't really know how to lose the weight. Its difficult for me to eat healthy with school. I want to go on the Special k cereal diet. My problem is that I get very hungry at school. I eat a good...

Why I'm not hungry [ 5 Answers ]

Why I'm not hungry all day and feel dizzy

I'm so hungry, and I don't know why. [ 2 Answers ]

Regardless of the fact that I think I may be pregnant... for the past week I've been so rediculously hungry.. just now I ate like a half a bag of potato chips, and some cinamon rolls.. and I'm usually able to restrain myself from eating things like that. I'm very health conscious, and I'm not big...

Always hungry [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I’m a 24 years old and I’m not fat but I really don’t like to be hungry all the time. So… usually in a normal day I weak up at 9.00 am and I have cereal with mil for breakfast, later about 11.30 am I get hungry again but I don’t eat anything until 13.00, that’s when I have lunch usually...

My landlord is $ hungry ! [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord ran an advertised special to lure you to sign a lease, owever if you terminate your lease prior to the 12 month term you have to pay "back" concession received. Ex. First month rent free and any move in specials/discounts is this allowed in North Carolina? I been told that this is not...

View more questions Search