Tax windfall profits
    Stock market dividend taxes

Obama or McCain?

Choices/change?

What say do we really have with either?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Don't forget to include the billions that go daily to Iraq!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Yeah that too but I might be posting something on that on Monday
    On how Obama wants to keep the war on-going but basically disguise it as something else.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    increase taxes and make up new taxes
    Obama or McCain?

Choices/change?

What say do we really have with either?
    Not sure I understand your question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Hello N0:

The fiasco in Iraq has to be paid for somehow. When you borrow to finance your war instead of taxing the people, the dollar drops against ALL the other currencies. When BUSH borrowed a trillion or so to finance his war, OUR dollar lost 50% of it's value against the Euro.

THAT'S a tax of 50% on every living American.

ME? I'd rather pay my taxes in front, because they get too expensive when you pay them the BUSH way.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:03 AM
    What do you think of all those taxes Obama wants?
    Do you think McCain is a better OR safer choice?
    Are you really happy with either one of them?
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Hello again, N0:

Spending is the key. If you spend, you got to pay. The righty's want to spend just as much as the Dems do, maybe EVEN more. War IS expensive.

So, as I said above, I'd rather pay for my taxes in front cause they're cheaper that way.

You are NOT, are you, still living under the fantasy that the libs spend more money than the conservatives?? That ain't the way it is anymore, Saph.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:23 AM
    McCain may attempt to promise something better for you but it's not tenable:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/08/us...=1&oref=slogin
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:25 AM
    The problem with the dollar decline is that there is too many dollars being held by foreigners because of the trade balance (primarily oil purchases) .
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Not really. The dollar decline by half is directly related to inflating the money supply by half. Prices go up to soak up all those extra dollars. Price inflation follows monetary inflation by about 18 months.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:43 AM
    The Left Coaster: The Falling Dollar, Inflation, and Oil
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Hello again, tom:

From YOUR link: "The world is thus awash in dollars, and excess supply means falling value."

Couple questions; Where do you think those "excess" dollars came from?? And, since when do you use left wingers to make your point?

excon
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 18, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Just where are all of those excess dollars? I know several people who would LOVE to get their hands on them! Where I live, $10 per hr is considered good pay. That should be double, but folks can't get it. Now, many are working 1 or more hours a day just to pay for gasoline to get to work and back. Single parents can't make ends meet, especially when you factor in child care. Even 2 income homes are sometimes pressed to make ends meet. Inflation usually brings increased pay along with higher prices, but as of now, and here, that doesn't seem to be happening. Me? I'm retired and hoping my electric bill doesn't go to $1,000 a month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bought a car I can't afford [ 15 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but here's the deal: I am a mentally handicapped person who bought a car this past Friday night when I was off my medications (pharmacy didn't fill in time) I realize now that I can not afford this car at all... is there a way out? I live in Santa...

Can't afford my car payment [ 3 Answers ]

I can't afford my auto payment anymore due to the lack of work and cutbacks. My payment of $650 is really taking its toll on me. I owe way more on the loan than what the truck is actually worth due to some stupid mistakes I made a few years back. But now I can no longer afford the payment and my...

Can't afford Car. Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a used 2006 Pontiac G6 because I'm an idiot. Anyway, my living situation has once again changed and I have to find a new place. I am not going to be able to afford my car payment and insurance. I owe around $15,000 currently on the car. What steps do I need to take now that I...

I can't afford it,what can I do. [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I was engaged but the guy left me cold and dry .I am now stuck with a house payment that I can not afford ,I can only afford half of it and the rest goes to my bills.I have lived in this house for about 5 months now and April was the first month that it has not been paid yet.I don't want...

Afford divorce [ 1 Answers ]

What if she cannot afford a lawyer? Can she get one through a legal aid society?

View more questions Search