Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    REDSFAN_1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 03:52 AM
    Craftsman tractor won't start
    I have a craftsman tractor from the mid 90's with the kohler 15.5 hp motor. It won't even turn over, I've checked the starter/alternator, and just replaced the ignition switch, the deadman seems to be engaged, brake/clutch were working last time I used it, the blades are in the "dis-engage" position, but still can't get it to turn over. battery has a full charge and when I ran jumper cable from the battery to the starting unit, it turns. So what could be the problem? All wiring seems to be in order
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Solenoid, wiring, fuse, or safety switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman tractor won't start [ 3 Answers ]

We purchased a rebuilt craftsman tractor 1996 model # 917255470 (I think) from a friend's dad. We've used it about 6 times and now it won't start. It'll crank and crank but not turn over. We've changed the battery... it's not that. We've changed the starter... it's not that. Any ideas??

Craftsman Tractor won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a Craftsman lawn Tractor 24HP, 42" Mower Electric Start Model No. 917.287251. Used it last summer with no problems. Ran it out of gas at the end of season last year so it was empty all winter. Tried to use it this year and nothing. Turned the key and got nothing. Replaced the battery and...

Craftsman Tractor will not start [ 1 Answers ]

My tractor will not start. I have a 19.5 horsepower tractor that is about 6 years old. I need to drain the gas tank. I think used 91 octane instead of 89. DO you think draining the tank and putting the appropriate octane gas will fix the problem. How do I drain the tank and where can I get a owners...

Craftsman lawn tractor 19.5 Briggs twin engine won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Last time I used this mower was about 3 months ago, ran it out of gas and left It (covered). Tried to start it yesterday after putting in about 3 gallons of new gas And it will crank fine but not start.. I took off the air cleaner and trickled in a bit of gas And it started to run and...

View more questions Search