Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 01:03 AM
    Batman The Dark Knight
    Holy... mother... of...

Just got back from the midnight viewing...

Just my $0.02... the most anticipated movie of the year, and often voted the best movie of the year... and I don't disagree.

EVERYTHING about this movie kicked left butt. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 01:09 AM
    OMG, now I'm so excited. Have you seen Hancock??
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Yes, yes I have... and to be honest, I didn't really enjoy it all that much.

I expected it to be way better than it was.
    Vision Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 01:20 AM
    WAT?? I loved it!
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Really? There were so many plot holes... I don't blame the acting or the dialogue, I just think it was edited badly, most likely in order to get a PG13 rating. From how hyped up it was here in the states, I expected more.
    Vision Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 01:25 AM
    Hmm... guess I don't analyze movies that much
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 01:26 AM
    Haha, sorry... I'm a bit of a cinephile. I try to watch almost every movie I hear the name of... but school kind of got in the way. If someone paid my bills for me, and told me I didn't have to do anything in life... well, I'd be in a room all day watching movies.
    Vision Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 01:27 AM
    LMAO. I like how we are talking about basically the same thing in two different threads. Cute.
    949 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
    I plan on going to see the movie batman.

I have to wait till the crowd goes away. Probably during the week.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Haha, you won't believe the crowd last night.

I went to the midnight showing, there were 6 theaters showing it... all 6 were sold out at 10pm.

So I went to buy tix to the 1230am showing... 4 theaters showing, 3 of them sold out... finally got to the last one. Line had about 100 or so people waiting... at 1030pm.

Theater opened up two more showings at 3am... and then 4 more showings at 6am.

It's... absurdity.

Jul 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
    ... but how was the movie to you?
    What's your rating. You don't have to explain the plot but just your feelings. Good bad ehh?
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 12:28 PM
    In my honest opinion, the movie was fantastic.

Christopher Nolan and his brother Jonathan wrote a wonderful screenplay.

Christian Bale has always done a good job, so there wasn't much surprise there.

The main character of focus would be... Heath Ledger's The Joker. His portrayal of The Joker was probably the BEST Joker ever portrayed... better than Nicholson. He may even be one of the best movie villains of all time. The voice, the swagger, minor eccentricities that he added to the character... it's absolutely phenomenal.

The fight scenes... are... ok. The movie wasn't based on the fight scenes, but more on the dialogue, effects, and of course, the bat-gadgets.

I would say... 9.5/10

Jul 19, 2008, 01:17 PM
    then this makes me question something.

this question can be answered by anyone as well.

since heath died, do you guys think that created more buzz reaction towards this performance.

or..

if he was still alive would people even have noticed this much or even given him this much publicity?

i bet you all that Christian Bale doesnt like to lose all his publicity to Heath L. just because he is dead.
    CB is quietly upset inside.
    Vision Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 01:19 PM
    It's said to be the defining role of his career, I think that would have been the case either dead or alive.

Although I know that some people are going to the theater to see it just because its his last movie. So I think the fact will raise sales drastically?

Publicity stunt?

Jul 19, 2008, 01:23 PM
    I wouldn't throw out the idea it's a publicity stunt.

Remember who said "Wal mart? what is a Wal mart? do they sell wal stuff?"

Or

"chicken of the sea? so the stuff is chicken?"

It just basically got them on the map.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Publicity stunt... that involves a death?

... I highly doubt that. It's one thing to be stupid and question things... it's another for someone to die.

I agree with chi... heath actually said that his performance in this role was the best he'll ever be... and people that were on the inside claimed that this was the "best movie of the year"... before heath's death, so granted, it got recognition due to heath's untimely death, it was already on the map beforehand.

I'm not so sure christian bale actually cares too much about the "publicity"... I know many people think it's an act that he claims it's not about the money, but really, if you look at his career since he was 13 (when he did Empire of the Suns), he really seems like a guy who cares very little about the "publicity"... in fact, he seems like the guy who HATES the publicity. He didn't even want to do the batman series until after opening day, he was at a local grocery, and a 5-year old approached him, hugged him, and told him that cb was his hero... that was when he decided that he would stick with the batman series.

Granted, it could be all bs, but I genuinely think cb's an actor who does it for the art, not for the money.

Jul 19, 2008, 07:07 PM
    What I agreed about the publicity stunt would be that after the death, the publicity managers or who ever does it, would just use the death as a fuse for the whole publicity stunt.

As for christian bale, that's a cool fact. Do you happen to have the link to that full story?
    I would like to read up more about it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Sure, christian bale's bio and trivia

Christian Bale - Biography

Just overall, seems like a nice guy.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jul 20, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Christian Bale has been my favorite actor since I was 5 and saw him in the Newsies. He's never really been the center of attention but he is an amazing actor and lands roles based solely on talent and not what the public thinks about him. Which is how it should be unlike Tom Cruise who is a horrible actor, but gets roles because he's in the publics eye and he'll attract viewers (well that was true before he went crazy)

I can't wait to see the dark knight. I've been anticipating it since batman begins came out (which happens to be my favorite movie) But I'm waiting for the crowd to die down a little. So I'll probably go to a matinée on Monday.

Jul 20, 2008, 02:34 PM
    What has the movie bad at the box office so far?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

40's batman type character. [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a program long ago about superheroes movies of a batman looking costumed character who fought mad scientist those sorts of badguys it was black and white maybe from the late 30's or early 40's... I think he had a cape or not and the ears of his cowl leaned over..? any ideas..

Where is the knight of my heart? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it my fault that everybody consider me as a good friend no matter what or worse they are not in relationship mood? I try so much to find the one (I'm not obsessed) but I cannot. I know that the more we're after something then it doesn't come. All I want is someone to make me feel loved. Where is...

View more questions Search