Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Well I saw it and Christen Bale and Heath Ledger both were masters of their parts, great movie. You were correct Sneez Ledger elevated The Joker to way above 10 on the typical scale, NO QUESTION! A shame he isn't around to enjoy his success. But I think he would have had a hard time ever doing something again as good as he portrayed The Joker. There was a lot of detailed violence but you never see any blood, not to say that this movie should ever be seen by any one underage, never. The disappearing pencil, the 3 descriptions of how The Joker received his scars... to Batman's stitching job...

I heard today that The Dark Knight on Saturday afternoon (!) just passed The Spiderman 3 as the most quick to make the most money at over $66.5M, Spidy did $56M in three days after opening-Dark Knight; in 2 days... amazing. Loved it, give it 6 stars... yep!

By the way, I purchased 4 tickets Friday morning for a 11:20 am Saturday morning showing. It was in one of those theaters that has 30 screens. They had 15 of them showing The Dark Knight, starting at 10 am through midnight... the ticket person told me that all shows were sold out for Friday and I was lucky to get 4 tics for Saturday morning.
    Stringer
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:25 AM
    So far, the best movie of the summer, by far.

Ever since Little Women, Christian Bale has been one of my favorite actors. Being a method actor, he throws himself into the part and really "becomes" the character... an acting trait that is translated through the screen. Some actors you can tell that they are "acting" whereas Christian Bale nails his parts. Equillibrium - another of my favorites - is the same way.

I am going to see this again, this time on the IMAX! :)

Amazing movie... and so worth going to the midnight showing! :)
    Business Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    It's said to be the defining role of his career, I think that would have been the case either dead or alive.

Although I know that some people are going to the theater to see it just because its his last movie. So I think the fact will raise sales drastically?

Publicity stunt?
    Actually this was not Ledger's last movie. I'm sorry that I don't remember the name of the last one presently but he was in the middle of filming another when he O.D.

Stringer
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Saw the Dark Knight at the IMAX on Saturday and it was incredible. If you have a chance to see it at the IMAX I would months def recommend. I ordered my tickets a week in advanced.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 08:49 AM
    The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Is Ledger's final work. After Ledger's death, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Colin Farrell, and Christian Bale, have all volunteered to help finish the role, in Ledger's memory, so the writers rewrote some of the parts and made it work.
    Wolfspirit Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 09:50 AM
    I've got to know is it true that two-face appears in the movie?
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
    :) Is that considered a spoiler? :)

Jul 21, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Well yes an no. I've seen clips on the net an since sum of U have seen the movie U mite b able to confirm or deny whether its true or not.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 10:58 AM
    :) Yes.

Jul 21, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Should I refrain from eating anything before hand? I don't want to get sick from seeing his face.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 11:41 AM
    It was done very well - and very real. I don't know if you should refrain from eating first...
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jul 22, 2008, 08:18 PM
    I would say if you get queasy easily then yes, refrain from eating first, it is pretty gruesome. Otherwise you should be fine.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jul 22, 2008, 08:21 PM
    You unfortunaletly christian bale (batman) got arrested
    Business Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Ya, explain please...
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 08:28 PM
    He was arrested for assault on his mother and sister... but sources close to him say that it wasn't much of an altercation. Apparently, they argued about something, and Bale either "pushed or brushed" against his mother... she didn't fall, she wasn't hurt, she was simply "shoved" when Bale walked past her. His sister had no physical contact whatsoever.

He was in questioning for 4 hours, and then was released. No word if further action will take place against him.
    Business Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    He was arrested for assault on his mother and sister...but sources close to him say that it wasn't much of an altercation. Apparently, they argued about something, and Bale either "pushed or brushed" against his mother...she didn't fall, she wasn't hurt, she was simply "shoved" when Bale walked past her. His sister had no physical contact whatsoever.

He was in questioning for 4 hours, and then was released. No word if further action will take place against him.
    Hard to believe Sneez... who apparently called the police on this? Sounds kind of fishy.
    Business Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Hard to believe Sneez....who apparently called the police on this? Sounds kind of fishy.
    By the way, I like the new avatar... fitting.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 10:20 PM
    I believe the sister and the mother called it in... but it may have been one of those "I'm angry" type things. Doubt the charges will stick... or even go through... it just couldn't have come at a better time...

Warner brothers went ape*@#$ to cover this up and not destroy the batman promo, but I'm sure it didn't affect it, if any.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 01:23 AM
    I just got back from the movie. WOW! That's all I have to say. And it's fricking LONG! Well worth paying for the "living room" seat at Cinetopia!!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 12:34 PM
    I loved the Batman movie! It set a record! 155million dollars for the first weekend! 67 million dollars the first night! Well, I don't know if that was nationwide or how that works! I hated that they replaced katie holmes with the less attractive actress! But I wish Heath Ledgar was still alive to live in the glory! Bad acting on his part and just awesome all around!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

40's batman type character. [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a program long ago about superheroes movies of a batman looking costumed character who fought mad scientist those sorts of badguys it was black and white maybe from the late 30's or early 40's... I think he had a cape or not and the ears of his cowl leaned over..? any ideas..

Where is the knight of my heart? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it my fault that everybody consider me as a good friend no matter what or worse they are not in relationship mood? I try so much to find the one (I'm not obsessed) but I cannot. I know that the more we're after something then it doesn't come. All I want is someone to make me feel loved. Where is...

View more questions Search